What's the best book you've ever read?

Post, suggest and talk about some of your favorite books, poetry and literature.
bobby7227
United States of America

What's the best book you've ever read?

Postby bobby7227 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:06 am

What is the best book you ever read or some of the best books you've ever read? Also recommend some good books that you think others should read.

daniel74
United States of America

Re: What's the best book you've ever read?

Postby daniel74 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:37 am

One of my all time favorite books is "The Long Walk" by Stephen King. He wrote this under the name Richard Bachman back in the 70s. It's about a futuristic walking tournament with only one winner...all losers are killed. It is definitely worth checking out for a good read.

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:44 am

My all time favorite book has to be Bad Thor's "Black List" which is a thriller which predicted the National Security Agency scandal.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:53 pm

I would say "The Sun Also Rises" is a great book for time travel, and a great way to go back to 1920s Paris in all its glory. You get to join the writers, artists, expats, and experience the romance and drinking by reading this book. Fine literature, which has some richly detailed descriptions of cafes, is a great way you can relive and almost smell the smoke and taste the wine with this reading experience.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:47 pm

I would like to recommend reading 48 Laws of Power and Pearl of wisdom. They are my two favorite books.

I also enjoyed reading Think and grow rich.

kaka135
Malaysia

Postby kaka135 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:14 pm

There are really many good books out there, and it's hard to choose the best book I've read. At this moment, I always recommend this parenting book "Simplicity Parenting" written by Kim John Payne as it inspired me and helped me a lot in my parenting path. Though there are many good parenting books out there, I think it's good to learn to simplify our life and kids' life as this helps to solve many challenging moments between us and the kids. It doesn't only help me when parenting, but also help to change my life to be better.

dave23
United States of America

Postby dave23 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:09 am

Two of my all-time favorite books are by the author Dean Koontz. They are called, "Watchers" and "Twilight Eyes". Both books are a cross between a suspense and Horror. They are both worth checking out.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:09 am

I don't read books nowadays but when I used to read, I have had a preference for novels and self-help books. I am averse to reading long novels.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:22 pm

One of my favorite books to read was definitely, "Pet Cemetery", by Stephen King. I remember reading it back in the 80s. It was way better than the original movie that came out in the lake 80s.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Anuj Dhawan
India

Postby Anuj Dhawan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:43 am

'Awaken The Giant Within' by Tony Robbins among many other had been great. It's a self help book and a good read for sure.

Return to “Books & Literature”