The novel or its movie?

Post, suggest and talk about some of your favorite books, poetry and literature.
ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

The novel or its movie?

Postby ricky1874 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:23 am

Often times a good novel will be made into a movie or a TV series. Which one do you prefer? What is your favorite movie or TV series from a book you read?

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

kaka135
Malaysia

Re: The novel or its movie?

Postby kaka135 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:54 pm

If I have the time, I actually prefer to read the novel instead of just watch the movie. I think the story is usually described more detailed in the novel and we actually have more space for imagination as well. There were some times I went and bought the books after watching the movies, because the movies were great. I always believe the novels were usually greater. I have bought Harry Porter and The Chronicles of Narnia. Lord of the Rings is another series of good novel which I would like to read after watching the movies too, but I haven't do so.

bobby7227
United States of America

Postby bobby7227 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:34 am

I generally believe that the novel is almost always better than the movie or TV series. I remember being so disappointed years ago when I saw the movie, "Pet Cemetery". This was the first one back in the 80s. The book was darker and more scarier. I just saw the trailer for the new "Pet Cemetery" movie coming out next year. From the way the trailer looks, it's probably not going to resemble the book much. :cry:

bobby7227
United States of America

Postby bobby7227 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:51 am

ricky1874 wrote:Often times a good novel will be made into a movie or a TV series. Which one do you prefer? What is your favorite movie or TV series from a book you read?

I just saw this trailer preview for one of my all time favorite novels, "The Thief of Always". The preview was awesome. Although it wasn't a real preview for a coming movie, I think it was just a class project in digital animation. But hopefully someone will fund it and make it into a whole movie. Here is the link to the YouTube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iIGlHV5Xxc

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:55 am

I always prefer watching the movie because often than not, if the movie is good, then the book is even better. And that's when I would buy and read the book. It's true for a lot of books, one example are the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter books. The movie was good but the books are great.

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:41 am

To be honest, I have never read any book that was later turned into a movie. But I would like to say that movies are awesome and books are boring.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Almost always the book is better than the movie, but movies are such a visual medium, so It really is hard to compare the two. Another thing with movies, is that the condensing of books into movies, leads to deleted parts from the book or abbreviation of developments within the book.

dave23
United States of America

Postby dave23 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:17 am

I would usually say that the book is almost always better, but with the advancement of technology(animation) and independent film making, there are really a lot of good movies coming out now.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:39 am

ricky1874 wrote:Often times a good novel will be made into a movie or a TV series. Which one do you prefer? What is your favorite movie or TV series from a book you read?

I totally prefer movies made from novels than reading the novel.I have never finished reading a novel,i find it tiring.After is on of my favourite movie made from a novel.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:02 am

I actually liked The Lord Of The Rings and a bunch of comics series that have been turned to movies like The X-Men and Spiderman, etc. However, I prefer the movie version, because they are more short than their novel counterparts.

Return to “Books & Literature”