Writing your own book

Post, suggest and talk about some of your favorite books, poetry and literature.
peterdavid12
United States of America

Writing your own book

Postby peterdavid12 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:31 pm

Recently I've been thinking about writing my own book or novel. I'm not really that good at writing but I figure that I would write a little every other day until it's finished. But my question to everyone is:

Did you ever have the desire to write your own book...and if so did you?
What is your main reason for wanting to write it? To get rich, for fame, to be a story teller, etc.?

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Re: Writing your own book

Postby Folk Artist » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:12 pm

I think everybody has their own reason for publishing a book, but I think motivation would be a key factor in writing a book- I am more of visual artist but I do some writing as well, but some of the same tricks for the visual artist work well for writers as well.
Some tips for writing is to try to write everyday, even if you do want to, because it triggers the brain to find your creative side a bit easier- and try to set some daily writing goals as well. Also don't edit as you write, save that for the very end, because switching back and forth between editing and writing, can mess you up, as far as your creative concentration goes.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Re: Writing your own book

Postby ricky1874 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:41 am

I was actually thinking about starting on writing a book next year. It will be a fictional book. Probably a Syfi or suspense novel. My plan is to write a little each month until it's done. Whether it takes a year or 10 years...as long as I start it and am committed to finishing it...then I will be satisfied.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Return to “Books & Literature”