Ebooks, audio books or real paper books?

Post, suggest and talk about some of your favorite books, poetry and literature.
peterdavid12
United States of America

Ebooks, audio books or real paper books?

Postby peterdavid12 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:02 pm

I'm very curious as to what types of books that people really prefer. I personally like the paperback books. They seem old school like this is what it means to read. I understand that reading can be done in many forms, but I like the idea of having a physical book in front of me to read. So what type of book do you prefer?

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Re: Ebooks, audio books or real paper books?

Postby Heatman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:50 am

Personally, I'm fully using all of these kind of books because they all serve different purposes. Ebook is the future of books. Audio books are good when you aren't free to stress your eyes but use only your ears. Real physical hard copies books are the old school of books. Every other books wouldn't exist without the hard copy books.

kaka135
Malaysia

Postby kaka135 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:46 am

I personally prefer paper books the most. If I can afford, I would prefer to buy the books that I really like to read in hard copies, as I don't need to access any devices in order to read them. I find reading the paper books is the most comfortable and relaxing. It's easier and less expensive to obtain ebooks, so I do read ebooks as well. As for audio books, I do listen to them sometimes when I am doing other stuff, but my English listening skill is not really good, so sometimes I might not understand fully when I listen to the audio book. I'd still prefer to read, and perhaps have some time to ponder too.

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:06 am

I prefer the audio books. I work in the transportation industry so I spend a lot of time on the road driving. I love listening to the audio books. If it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't mess around with books at all. But, when you're on the lone highway at 2 am by yourself, you need something to keep you awake.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:47 pm

I grew up with paper books, so they are very nostalgic to me, and unlike electronic devices, hardback or softcover books offer no distractions and are my favorite. With print books you get the scent of the book, and also I like the look and feel of a classical book in my hands as well.

Return to “Books & Literature”