Scary English Movies

Post, suggest and talk about some of your favorite movies and music. Discuss the different cultural impacts in this area.
Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Scary English Movies

Postby Folk Artist » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:45 pm

I like to watch scary english movies around this fall time all year, and usually look for the older movies from the 70s, because I grew up in that time. A movie I watched last night, was called "And Soon The Darkness"(1970)and takes place in rural France. Two english women are touring the french countryside on their bicycles- and they kind of part ways after a argument, but one goes looking for the other after awhile and cannot find her. They made a remake in 2010 with the same name with Amber Heard in it- but I have not seen it. What kind of spooky movies do you guys watch in the autumn?

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Re: Scary English Movies

Postby Heatman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:45 pm

How about this new movie called "The Nun". It's a new movie that hasn't been more than 3 months it was released and from what I have read on several articles online so far, it's a very good movie if you are looking for spooky and horror movie stories to watch. I'm yet to watch because I'm still stuck with so many other series at the moment.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:59 pm

Whenever Holloween is approaching we in the Philippines also celebrate All Saint's Day on November 1 but the overall celebration or commemoration starts as early as October 30 up to November 2. Normally these days are made into holidays. But back to movies, at around this time slot of horror films are being released and Filipinos really like watching scary stuff. One recent film I watched was The Nun which to me isn't that scary. Yesterday I watched another action horror film starring Wesley Snipes called GallowWalkers which was more of an action film to me. I do think the old horror films are much scarier than the new ones.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:52 am

I know that it's not really technically a horror movie, but I loved the British movie "Shaun of the Dead". I've probably watched it over a dozen time over the past decade. Even though it was about Zombies, it had me laughing the whole time. :lol:
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:31 am

Horror movies are not my forte but I have watched a lot of horror movies, including English moves and foreign movies. If you are a fan of classic horror movies you should definitely watch The Exorcist and The Shining.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:45 pm

Well I like horror movies, and it's been a while since I watched some. Off the top of my head I can say that Shutter and Exorcism Of Emily Rose are the ones that scared me the most.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:08 am

I have never heard of Shutter but Exorcism Of Emily Rose is certainly a great movie in this genre. Have you watched Chucky? It is also a great horror movie. Another great movie is The Shining and The Ring (which was originally made in Japanese)

Return to “Movies & Music”