Favorite movies of all time

Post, suggest and talk about some of your favorite movies and music. Discuss the different cultural impacts in this area.
bobby7227
United States of America

Favorite movies of all time

Postby bobby7227 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:52 am

What are some of your favorite movies of all time? Some of my favorites are "The Matrix" and "Training Day". I could name a lot more but these 2 are some of my all time favorites.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Re: Favorite movies of all time

Postby ricky1874 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:23 am

My favorite movie of all time is "Fight Club". It is an absolute classic. The only bad part of it is that they never made a sequel. The performance by the actors Ed Norton and Brad Pitt was amazing. I wish more movies nowadays would be made like this.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:13 pm

I really consider movies from the 70s and 80s to be some of my favorite movies, and even the 60s because I have become more nostalgic about these movies from the past. A movie, I have been watching lately because it's nearing Halloween is a film called "Hour of the Wolf", which takes place on a remote island, and is about a troubled artist. This film is by the famous Swedish director called Ingmar Bergman, and I think it was the only scary movie he ever made, so I found that interesting.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:20 am

There are so many movies which I can tag as my favorite movies of all time. They are as follows ;

Lord of the Rings.
Game of Thrones.
24 hours.
Prison Break.
The Exorcist.
The Brave.
Strike Back.
The Hobit.
Black Sails.

davidworth
United States of America

Postby davidworth » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:35 pm

My all time favorite is "A Clockwork Orange". It's an older movie made back in the 70s and directed by Stanley Kubrick. If you ever get a chance to watch it you won't be disappointed. Here's a link to the movie on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzUR_CmoYLk
Discover all things abroad

daniel74
United States of America

Postby daniel74 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:40 pm

davidworth wrote:My all time favorite is "A Clockwork Orange". It's an older movie made back in the 70s and directed by Stanley Kubrick. If you ever get a chance to watch it you won't be disappointed. Here's a link to the movie on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzUR_CmoYLk

I remember watching this movie back in the day when I was a teenager. Yeah, I will agree that it is a great movie. Very under appreciated I think. But, one of my favorite movies is "Full Metal Jacket". It came out in the 80s and is about the Vietnam war. If anyone has some free time, it will be an excellent movie to watch.

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:08 am

I grew up watching alot of british tv so I love british shows and movies. One of the best british movies that I've ever watched was "locked stocked and 2 smoking barrels". It's like watching 4-5 different movies into one. If you want to watch it I have a link to it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmuTGmFk_ZM

jesus721
Puerto Rico

Postby jesus721 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:32 am

My favorite movie of all time has to be "City of God". It's a Brazilian movie that was made back in 2002. It may seem low budget but it's worth watching. This is a summary of what the movie is about.

Storyline

Brazil, 1960s, City of God. The Tender Trio robs motels and gas trucks. Younger kids watch and learn well...too well. 1970s: Li'l Zé has prospered very well and owns the city. He causes violence and fear as he wipes out rival gangs without mercy. His best friend Bené is the only one to keep him on the good side of sanity. Rocket has watched these two gain power for years, and he wants no part of it. Yet he keeps getting swept up in the madness. All he wants to do is take pictures. 1980s: Things are out of control between the last two remaining gangs...will it ever end? Welcome to the City of God. Written by Jeff Mellinger <jeffmellinger@astound.net>

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:54 am

I love Never have I ever, ginny and Georgia, the Mick and Locke and key. I love alot of movies that I can not even remember their titles.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:15 am

davidworth wrote:My all time favorite is "A Clockwork Orange". It's an older movie made back in the 70s and directed by Stanley Kubrick. If you ever get a chance to watch it you won't be disappointed. Here's a link to the movie on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzUR_CmoYLk

I have watched this movie, it is wonderful. However, the movie is also very disturbing therefore the viewers will not find pleasure to rewatch this movie. When it comes to naming a favorite movie, I would like to list a movie that I find pleasure in rewatching.

Return to “Movies & Music”