Horror Movies?

Post, suggest and talk about some of your favorite movies and music. Discuss the different cultural impacts in this area.
bobby7227
United States of America

Horror Movies?

Postby bobby7227 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:17 am

I was just watching the trailer for the new movie remake of the classic horror movie "Child's Play" and It got me to thinking about some of the great horror movies before. What are some of you favorite horror movies? Do you think that modern horror movies are better than some of the old ones from the past?
Last edited by bobby7227 on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Re: Horror Movies?

Postby ricky1874 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:45 am

I'm still a fan of the older horror movies. Some of my favorites are "The Exorcist", "The Evil Dead", and "The Shining". These are all old horror movies from the 70s and 80s, but they are really horror classics. I think they can be scary to most people even today.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:57 am

As far as vampire movies go, I think that the movie "28 days later" was awesome. It came out in the early 2000s and I believe was ahead of its time for zombie movies. It scared the crap out of me when I first saw it. They made a sequel to it called "28 weeks later" but it was nowhere near as great as the first one.

davidworth
United States of America

Postby davidworth » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:06 am

One of the first horror movies that I saw was still one of the scariest movies that I ever saw. It's called "Don't. Go in the house ". It was made back in the 70s and I saw it when I was around 6or 7. It still scares me till this day.
Discover all things abroad

kingsnite
United States of America

Postby kingsnite » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:24 am

My scariest movie of all time will have to be "The children of the corn". I watched it when I was young and I still think it is one of the scariest movies that I've ever seen.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:58 pm

I have watched a lot of horror movies that naming them would be a difficult task. What I can do is tell you the most recent ones that I just watched. Horror movies such as Incarnate, The Exorcist, The Nun and Salem.

jeremydeth
United States of America

Postby jeremydeth » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:24 pm

I love the original Scream movie. I know that some people don't really consider it a true horror movie, but I do. The first one had a lot of suspense to it because it was original and no one knew what was going to happen. It's one of my all-time favorite movies.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."

daniel74
United States of America

Postby daniel74 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:09 am

I was just watching the trailer for the movie "Us". It looks like its going to be an awesome movie. I think Jordan Peele is going to be a great horror movie producer. I loved his movie "Get Out".

Bravosi
Ukraine

Postby Bravosi » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:25 am

daniel74 wrote:I was just watching the trailer for the movie "Us". It looks like its going to be an awesome movie. I think Jordan Peele is going to be a great horror movie producer. I loved his movie "Get Out".

Actually I've recently seen the trailer as well, reminds me Get Out with the style of film. I'm going to the theater with my family in one month to watch it. :)

daniel74
United States of America

Postby daniel74 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:22 am

Bravosi wrote:
daniel74 wrote:I was just watching the trailer for the movie "Us". It looks like its going to be an awesome movie. I think Jordan Peele is going to be a great horror movie producer. I loved his movie "Get Out".

Actually I've recently seen the trailer as well, reminds me Get Out with the style of film. I'm going to the theater with my family in one month to watch it. :)

Yes, I think it's also similar to "Get Out". I'm glad to see different types of people get into directing movies. Different types of directors brings different types of views and angles as far as movie creation is.

Return to “Movies & Music”