Flying Drones

Post anything related to whatever type of hobby you are actively involved in or are interested in knowing more about.
bobby7227
United States of America

Flying Drones

Postby bobby7227 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:17 am

I was interested in getting into the hobby of flying drones. I started to by one from Walmart but most of those drones can only fly for about 5-10 minutes. Is there anyone that has experience in flying drones? If so, what is your suggestions for a beginners getting into the hobby?

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Re: Flying Drones

Postby Heatman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:20 am

I have seen a lot of movies where drones are used for spying and security purposes, it looks good and the technology behind the drone is amazing. I have seen some people who own fancy drones to keep a watchful eye on their apartment and surroundings.

You can look up YouTube videos on how to fly drones, I'm absolutely sure there so many video clips online in on the social media site that can help you get good at flying drones.

Good luck.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Unmanned aircraft systems(UAS) or drones as they call them, are made available more online and on store shelves these days. Just because you can aquire these pretty easy these days, does not mean that you can just fly them anywhere though. I think there is a UAS page online(FAA) that you can check out though.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:44 am

Folk Artist wrote:Unmanned aircraft systems(UAS) or drones as they call them, are made available more online and on store shelves these days. Just because you can aquire these pretty easy these days, does not mean that you can just fly them anywhere though. I think there is a UAS page online(FAA) that you can check out though.

Wow, this is actually a very good interesting means to learn about how to fly drones. This is one thing that made US to be far ahead of other countries when it comes to exploring the use of technology.

davidworth
United States of America

Postby davidworth » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:11 am

I'm thinking about getting into this hobby myself. I've been thinking about taking some classes at the local community college near me. Where I stay I think you need a permit or license to fly one.
Discover all things abroad

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:00 am

My friends in the movie industry are using the drone for the camera so that they can shoot scenes from above and from any difficult angle. I have seen how they operate the drone. It's just like a toy helicopter that you can fly with a joystick that is for the direction of the flight. But for the attached camera there is another operator which means the drone for filming is not easy to use.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:20 am

I would love to get me a drone one day. But if I get one I want it to be one of high quality and is capable of flying for at least an hour.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Return to “Hobbies, Cars, Arts & Crafts”