Comic Books

Post anything related to whatever type of hobby you are actively involved in or are interested in knowing more about.
ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Comic Books

Postby ricky1874 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:32 am

Does anyone else collect comic books? When I was younger collecting comic books was real popular. Especially the Marval and DC comic books. I got into collecting horror comic books. I have comic books from, "The vault of horror", and "Tales from the crypt", just to name a few. They are nearly 30 years old.

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Re: Comic Books

Postby Hova » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:01 am

I have read a couple of DC and Marvel comic books which I really loved. I was actually reading the 1st issue of Guardians of The Galaxy just the other day.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:49 pm

I never had the privilege to read comic books when I was a kid because it wasn't really a trend back then but my son have all the privileges that I never enjoyed.

His favorite comic book is Ben10 and Superman.

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:50 am

This is a good hobby to get into. Some of the comics could turn out to be worth lots of money. Me and my cousin use to buy the Marvel comics back when we were teens in the 90s. He even had the original Venom and Carnage comics when they first came out. But, we didn't know that the comics would be worth any money in the future, so we just read them and threw them away. They're probably worth hundreds of dollars now. :cry:

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:03 pm

I've been an avid comic reader for 30 years now and has since read over 10,000 comic books from Marvel, DC, Eclipse, Epic, Vertigo, Dark Horse, Image, Valiant and lesser known publications.

I like books which are on the funny side liike Sergio Aragones's Groo the Wanderer which is a spoof of Conan the Barbarian. I prefer DC books than Marvel like Justice Society of America and Detective Comics.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:24 pm

I never got into comics much, but mostly collected baseball cards back in the day. I read Mad magazine a lot, and also Archie comics as well. A lot of comics from the 70s are worth a lot of money these days, for example a Incredible Hulk #181(nov.1974) with a first full appearance of Wolverine went for a record sale of $150,000- with the minimum value of this comic book going for $300.

Return to “Hobbies, Cars, Arts & Crafts”