Respect for other religion

Discuss your religious and philosophical beliefs and views on life with others. Be respectful of other's beliefs and views.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Respect for other religion

Postby Alexandoy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:02 pm

Especially when going abroad you should always remember to respect the religion of other people. When we go to Bangkok we always buy food to give to the monks that roam the streets in the early morning. We also pray with the monk. We are Catholics but we show respect for their Buddhism religion.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Re: Respect for other religion

Postby justin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:26 am

I am a Hindu, however, I am also a religiously tolerant person. I respect every religion. I have been to a Buddist monastery and lighted lamps for the Buddha, I have been to Church and prayed before Jesus. Sadly, I have never been to a Mosque as women are not allowed inside Mosque. However, I do respect Muslim people as well.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:39 am

Alexandoy wrote:Especially when going abroad you should always remember to respect the religion of other people. When we go to Bangkok we always buy food to give to the monks that roam the streets in the early morning. We also pray with the monk. We are Catholics but we show respect for their Buddhism religion.

I respect all religions but i cant worship with them.I have some muslim friends but am a christian and i am open to have friends who arent christians.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:09 am

I also respect people that are of a different religion by default, and not judge them because they have a different belief system than me. Everyone has the right to worship who they want.

daniel74
United States of America

Postby daniel74 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:40 pm

If this was practiced alot more then this world would be a much better place to live in

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:29 am

When it comes to other people's religions, you should always keep your opinion to yourself, no matter what.

kingsnite
United States of America

Postby kingsnite » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:44 am

I'm not a religious person, but I do agree that we need to respect the beliefs of other...especially when you travel to another country.

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:22 pm

This is something that should be automatic. We should always respect each others religious beliefs and customs....especially in America where we are are made up of so many different cultures.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:27 pm

Does anyone realize more than 90 percent of problems in our world have roots in religion? People have fought in the name of religion ever since the religions evolved. Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus all fought in the name of religion. The only religion that did not fight for religion is Buddhism, you can contest me on this.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:44 pm

justin wrote:Does anyone realize more than 90 percent of problems in our world have roots in religion? People have fought in the name of religion ever since the religions evolved. Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus all fought in the name of religion. The only religion that did not fight for religion is Buddhism, you can contest me on this.

Before the pandemic came we went to Thailand. We learned from the tour guide that in the 17th century (or 18th, not sure) the Burmese attacked Thailand and ruined their Buddhist temples. That was what we saw in Ayuttaya. Burma is also a Buddhist country.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”