Views on Donald Trump

Discuss current events that's happening in the world, current news or political situations and views. Always be respectful of other people's views on these topics.
ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Views on Donald Trump

Postby ricky1874 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:06 am

I'm an independent voter here in the US. I didn't vote for Donald Trump and think he is an awful president. I'm curious to know how others around the world view him.

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

davidworth
United States of America

Re: Views on Donald Trump

Postby davidworth » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:22 pm

Like you, I'm from the states. I think Trump will go down as the worst president in history. I'm not even sure if he will last to the end of his term. I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned first before he's able to be impeached, just like Nixon did in the 60s.
Discover all things abroad

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:35 am

davidworth wrote:Like you, I'm from the states. I think Trump will go down as the worst president in history. I'm not even sure if he will last to the end of his term. I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned first before he's able to be impeached, just like Nixon did in the 60s.

Sadly, I think I would have to agree with you on this one. You would think that having such a high and prestigious position as being the most powerful man in the world would make someone really appreciate the position as President. But then again....maybe not.

JUTTARA777
India

Postby JUTTARA777 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:46 am

Well , i dont belong to the Unites states and therefore i will be able to give an opinion based on the views of people who are outside United States. I would say that there was some kind of a disbelief and a slight shock when Donald Trump got elected as the president of US instead of Hillary Clinton.The margin with which Trump won the election was also unbeleivable at that time.I think right from the day he got chosen as the President of US, Trump has always made a very concious effort to please his electorate.There is some method in the madness about his controversial decisions.Well in his enthusiasm to retain his popularity he has been taking decisions which have made him unpopular in the International arena. I dont have a first hand knowledge of what is happening domestically within the US when it comes to his overall popularity and rating but i wont be surprised if it nosedives considerably in the near future given his temperament and unpredictable nature.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:47 pm

JUTTARA777 wrote:Well , i dont belong to the Unites states and therefore i will be able to give an opinion based on the views of people who are outside United States. I would say that there was some kind of a disbelief and a slight shock when Donald Trump got elected as the president of US instead of Hillary Clinton.The margin with which Trump won the election was also unbeleivable at that time.I think right from the day he got chosen as the President of US, Trump has always made a very concious effort to please his electorate.There is some method in the madness about his controversial decisions.Well in his enthusiasm to retain his popularity he has been taking decisions which have made him unpopular in the International arena. I dont have a first hand knowledge of what is happening domestically within the US when it comes to his overall popularity and rating but i wont be surprised if it nosedives considerably in the near future given his temperament and unpredictable nature.

I think he has damaged the overall status of America's standing in the world. He definitely doesn't speak for me when he talks. And I don't think he speaks for the majority of the US when he speaks. I just hope that the damage that he's done is not long lasting.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

bobby7227
United States of America

Postby bobby7227 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:00 am

I think he's crazy. He scares me to death. I think about all the trouble he might cause if he really feels cornered by the investigations. I'm scared that he might start a major(or nuclear) war if he feels threaten and feels like there's no other way out. These are scary times that we live in today.

DouglasPa
United States of America

Postby DouglasPa » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:21 am

I'm really worried about the direction he's leading this country into. I don't know if he's just crazy or just suffering from dementia but he scares me almost every day when I turn on the news.

peterdavid12
United States of America

Postby peterdavid12 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:12 pm

davidworth wrote:Like you, I'm from the states. I think Trump will go down as the worst president in history. I'm not even sure if he will last to the end of his term. I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned first before he's able to be impeached, just like Nixon did in the 60s.

Hopefully if this happens it will make future politicians be cautious about their actions in office. All presidents, and all future presidents need to understand that they represent the people as a whole...not just the ones who voted for you.

Return to “News, Events & Politics”