US government shut down?

Discuss current events that's happening in the world, current news or political situations and views. Always be respectful of other people's views on these topics.
bobby7227
United States of America

US government shut down?

Postby bobby7227 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:43 am

If you are in the US, how do you feel about the recent government shut down? Do you think it was necessary?

From others in other countries, what do you think about the US government shut down? Does it make America seem weak and chaotic?

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Re: US government shut down?

Postby Folk Artist » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:20 pm

I am not sure how other countries look at this shutdown, but public negotiating doesn't work in politics, Trump insists upon negotiating his politics and via Twitter, this has made it more difficult for anyone to compromise.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:05 am

Seriously, this is not a welcoming development in the history of the American government. The whole government bodies should make serious attempts on reaching a viable compromise as soon as possible.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:07 am

I think that the shutdown was completely unnecessary. I think that Trump is trying to fulfill a completely unnecessary and unattainable campaign promise to his supporters. If he really wanted the money for the wall, he should have put as much effort when his party controlled both senate and the house, as he is doing now.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

patrickwass
United States of America

Postby patrickwass » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:52 pm

Hopefully shutdowns like this won't become the norm. We need to come together as a country and learn to solve our problems together. If not, then maybe we'll become like some of these other caotic countries on the verge of collapse.

Return to “News, Events & Politics”