The Coronavirus

Discuss current events that's happening in the world, current news or political situations and views. Always be respectful of other people's views on these topics.
ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

The Coronavirus

Postby ricky1874 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:54 pm

Right now we are faced with a new scary virus that is spreading across the world. But, sometimes it's hard to tell is it as serious as we are being lead to believe or is the media hyping things up? I just read an article about people dying from the flu each year. It said that nearly 80,000 people in the US died from the flu during the 2017-2018 season. I don't remember hearing any news coverage about that during that time.

How many people die from the flu?

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

dave23
United States of America

Re: The Coronavirus

Postby dave23 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:31 pm

I will admit that the media does love to hype bad situations up. But this virus is scary. I'm just hoping for the best and it'll soon pass.

davidworth
United States of America

Postby davidworth » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:27 am

I hope this virus is over-hyped and will be gone soon, but listening to the news about it every day sure does make you worry that it's going to be something major like the flu of 1918. I just watched the video below that said the death toll had reached 700.

Coronavirus death toll tops 700

youtu.be/AGkdrYBgLhs
Discover all things abroad

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:03 pm

This news about the coronavirus does seem to be a bit scary today - and there is no cure for this virus as well. Cold or flu-like symptoms take effect a few days after the coronavirus infection sets in, and they are typically mild but some forms of the virus can be fatal. I remember Jim Bakker the televangelist talking about a bird-flu epidemic a few years ago that would wipe a lot of people out, all over the world. Make sure to drink plenty of water and take some over-the-counter cold medications to help you out.

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:40 am

The coronavirus death toll seems to be rising. The authorities in Wuhan covered the story for so long that it quickly got out of hand. I don't know if the mass media is misleading the masses, but if they are, it is messed up!

daniel74
United States of America

Postby daniel74 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:52 am

With over 90,000 Americans dead so far, I would say....No! At this point there doesn't seem to be any end in sight.

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Mon May 25, 2020 2:17 am

I don't trust the news.

Return to “News, Events & Politics”