French

ohgodlol

French

Postby ohgodlol » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Bonjour everyone!

I took three years of French in high school and achieved an intermediate level of French. However, I've been neglecting my French studies in favor of Russian. I still try to listen to French music and watch French YouTubers so that I won't forget the language.

Has anyone had any experience learning French? How did it go? Is there anything in particular that you do to keep practicing French in your everyday life?

DreamingKpop

Re: French

Postby DreamingKpop » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 pm

I took two years of French in high school and I can't say that I was very good at it without a dictionary. I took it simultaneously with Spanish, I started Spanish the year before, so it was easy to learn the structure of French. But I could never seem to recreate the words verbally because of how different the words were. It seemed that you only pronounced the first half of the word instead of the whole thing. I continued with my Spanish in college but got to busy to keep up with French by myself. I regret not keeping up with it. I've been considering picking it up again but it would be like starting from scratch. Though I should look into French singers to get used to the sounds again.

Pixie06
Mauritius

Postby Pixie06 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:21 pm

I started learning French when I was in college. I had a very good teacher who was always patient. I learnt a lot through audio books which the school provided us. However this was not enough. I watched many YouTube videos and try to look for many resources online. Today I am quite fluent in French.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:21 am

There was a French class in highschool but I never really took lessons in it. I had the chance to learn two poems in French and even recite them. I did it for competition. Although I can't remember the meaning of the poems since it is like 8 years now, I still like how it sounded and the pronunciation. I enjoyed myself and I won't hesitate learning French if presented with a chance.

gibbs
Kenya

Postby gibbs » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:51 am

I tried learning it in high school too, but I was so bad at I just gave up. For some weird reason I still remember some basics.

Return to “French”