How to learn French language?

jahanzeb ali qureshi
Pakistan

How to learn French language?

Postby jahanzeb ali qureshi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:44 am

I am fond of learning the French language as I love that accent the words in it. The people around me are really crazy about learning this language. IS that very difficult? suggest me some online tutorial to learn it within few days.

Eli Maximilien
Haiti

Re: How to learn French language?

Postby Eli Maximilien » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:12 pm

First, to build a solid foundation you'll need to memorize many verbs and their conjugations. If you want to learn while having fun, I recommend watching your favorite shows on Netflix or Hulu with subtitles. If you enjoy reading Japanese manga there are many titles that are offered in French.

The learning process to learn something in a language probably goes something like this: Read something, translate it to English, conjure up images in your head about what that thing is. That's why I recommend reading manga in French; you'll be associating everything you learn with images.

By associating words with images, you'll learn faster; and you'll also learn how to think in French better.

Kieranlewix
Zodiac: Virgo
Kenya

Postby Kieranlewix » Sat May 12, 2018 4:29 am

Learning French is not all that hard. It happens to be my favorite foreign language. Personally, when I have time time to be online, I sign in to duolingo.com to access my account. They have pretty good techniques to teach French. You also get to interact with other people who are also learning foreign languages. The website itself is designed to teach all foreign languages, not only French. The bast part is, you can download the Duolingo app from the Google Play store for easier access to your lessons. :D

cherimae
Australia

Postby cherimae » Sat May 12, 2018 5:00 am

I think the easiest way to learn any language is to be immersed in it all the time. If you could visit France for a period of time, so that you're hearing the language and using it every day, that would be ideal.

I know that's not in everyone's budget though, there are many online apps and such that you can learn languages with these days. One is Duolingo, and it's a free app.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Sat May 12, 2018 5:27 am

Here, there is a language center where can easily go and enroll in to learn any language one choose to learn. The only problem is that it's quite expensive to enroll in such language programs, so I mostly take my language learning courses online.

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:01 am

Watching movies and short clips with subtitles seems to work for a lot of people. I think youtube would be the best place to start, since you can pretty much find anything there.

cmoneyspinner
United States of America

Postby cmoneyspinner » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:35 pm

There is a newsletter you can subscribe to called "Lawless French". It sends you an eMail with words and phrases with tip and tools. It's free to sign up.

Return to “French”