korean language

sweetcath
Philippines

korean language

Postby sweetcath » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 pm

since im a korean artist fun i always wanted to learn they're language \nd one day i can visit there place.do u have any ideas how to get a free site about it.thnx

nicksab

Re: korean language

Postby nicksab » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:37 pm

I have been studying Korean for the past year and it has been a lot of fun. One of my favorite websites to use is Memrise.com and Talk to Me in Korean. Both are great to start memorizing vocabulary and to start learning more about the grammar rules. Memrise is a great website that makes learning fun and you can start by learning some of the more common words used in Korean conversations. It is a fast paced memorizing game that goes through the terms each day to ensure that you retain the information as you study. I think that would be the best place to start learning. If you have yet to learn the Korean alphabet I would suggest you do that before you start with the previously two websites mentioned.

You can learn the alphabet in a bout an hour. It makes learning how to speak much easier in the long run.

lexinonomous

Postby lexinonomous » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:49 pm

Free websites tend to give false information when it comes to learning a new language. A lot of the words will be correct, but written in the wrong context. I would suggest looking into Rosetta Stone. It can be a bit pricey, but it's such a good program. The only free program I can think of at the moment that does have a good reputation is an app called "Doulingo." They have amazing reviews and teach you in very practical ways. I'd suggest looking in your app store on your phone to see if your phone carries it. It's a great way to learn. :)

abelinc
Philippines

Postby abelinc » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:54 pm

If you are interested to learn the Korean language, and want to take your learning to the next level, say pass the TOPIK or Test of Proficiency in Korean, you might want to check the following link from POEA:

http://www.poea.gov.ph/eps/eps_topik_reviewer.htm

You can find here materials for Listening and Reading with corresponding audio files. Simply download the free materials. I believe the introduction includes learning the Korean Alphabets.

Some of the students of the former school that I was connected with studied the TOPIK as part of their requirement for their marriage visa to a S. Korean national.
Check out the Philippines @ http://www.bisdak.org

DreamingKpop

Postby DreamingKpop » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:09 am

I've picked up a book at the library on Korean but I'm not getting very far. I was wondering if anyone knew a really good program that isn't as expensive as a Rosetta Stone. I like the free online sites, I feel they're good to practice on while waiting in line but I feel like I'm missing gaps in my knowledge. Before I really put some cash down, I wanted to know what programs you think are the best for learning Korean.

jyu143
Philippines

Postby jyu143 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm a fan of a Kdramas like Goblin and legend of the blue sea so that I study Korean language and now I'm watching Korean dramas without any English subtitled.

I can speak Korean language now fluently :)

jaypinoy
Philippines

Postby jaypinoy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:00 am

I'm actually a fan of K-Pop and I'm studying Bachelor of Secondary Education major in English to be able to teach in South Korea. I'm still learning the language right now and I'm not yet fluent but I know some words and phrases tho. The website that is helping me to learn Korean is howtostudykorean.com. They actually have a lot of information needed for learning Korean and I love their website because they provide free PDFs for every lesson.

Bravosi
Ukraine

Postby Bravosi » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:10 am

Oddly enough I have learned Korean as well from music. And not only Korean. :D

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 pm

Koreans are now lording it over in the entertainment field that most of the fans in our country are trying to learn the Korean language. Words such as Oppa can be heard and seen with the younger generations not to mention the food like kiimchi, samgyupsal and other Korean dishes.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:39 am

A lot of people from my country travel to South Korea for jobs and education. When they come back, they bring not only Korean products but also language and culture. BTS is very popular here. Korean Dramas are also very popular, but I am not much into Koren movies and musics.

Return to “Korean”