How to learn Italian properly

nangk08
India

How to learn Italian properly

Postby nangk08 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:32 am

My son wants to learn Italian, he is 8 currently. He already speaks English in addition to Hindi and our native language Marathi. Is it too soon for him to learning another language? And which is the best way to learn Italian, will online video tutorials help?

Miracle
Great Britain

Re: How to learn Italian properly

Postby Miracle » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:44 pm

There is no such thing as ''too soon'' when it comes to learning languages. It's actually the sooner the better! We have been taught that children should be learning a second (or third) language by the age of three so you don't have to worry about your son. He is developed enough to grasp the learning process.

Regarding the actual learning. I've studied Italian myself for two years so I have some experience with it. The language is quite similar to Spanish. The best learning tool for children are without a doubt cartoons - try to find some Italian cartoons that he will enjoy watching to get him motivated towards learning the Italian language. Then when you see that he wants more and more, you slowly start to introduce him to different ''learn and play'' type of activities. Maybe even look into the good learning languages applications that are available for phones and are suitable for children. I wouldn't really recommend the YouTube tutorial videos and such for a child that's only 8 years old - he most likely won't feel interested.

nnacrter
Philippines

Re: How to learn Italian properly

Postby nnacrter » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Actually. I wanna ask everyone here HOW TO LEARN ITALIAN LANGUAGE. I love their accent :D

Return to “Italian”