Immersion Program

patrickwass
United States of America

Immersion Program

Postby patrickwass » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:14 pm

Has anyone tried any Immersion Programs before? if so, what program, language and country?

jesus721
Puerto Rico

Re: Immersion Program

Postby jesus721 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:55 am

If you want to learn spanish try this school in Quito, Ecuador

http://www.guayasaminschool.com

(593-2) 254 4210
info@guayasaminschool.com

DreamingKpop

Postby DreamingKpop » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:50 pm

On principle I think an Immersion Program would be awesome or at least going to a country of the language you want to learn. But I have a feeling that I would end up like Brittany Murphy's character in The Ramen Girl, you would kind of understand the language but not really. I think the Immersion Program works the best as the final part of your learning experience. You study the basics, numbers, grammar, most used, phrases, and all of those basic language details. Then you make that leap into full immersion or partial immersion if you can be with students or other people who have been doing it to help translate in an emergency. I had an employer when came to America when she was twenty and she's lived here with English as her second language and she's not as fluent as someone who's come to America with some English lessons.

Ghost_Writer

Postby Ghost_Writer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:04 am

Without any doubt, this is the best way to learn any language/culture because you won't just studying a new language, you'll - in fact - living language and it's essential for you to feel part of the learning process (it certainly does not happen in a common language school).

I have studied English for many years, but unfortunately I haven't had that opportunity yet (but one day I'll). :D

Return to “All Others”