What are tricks and tips in learning a new language?

MZMatandabuzo
South Africa

What are tricks and tips in learning a new language?

Postby MZMatandabuzo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:40 pm

Not that I am exceptionally familiar and truly not a multilingual, but rather this is the strategy that I utilized: I get the Pimsleur sound language course for the objective language on CD ROM and introduce it in my vehicle. I fixed the player so it went ahead at whatever point the start was on. I rehashed the objective language words, expressions, and sentences OUT LOUD!

It was around a brief drive to and from work. I didn't tune in to news or music on this drive, just Pimsleur program. Furthermore, obviously I rehashed everything so anyone can hear. I'm certain, in sluggish rush hour gridlock, individuals in the following vehicle thought I was a type of a nut.

There was a night school for my objective language being instructed close by so I joined. Because of my utilization of the sound program, I discovered I was one of the better understudies, even among those whose grandparents communicated in the objective language.

On the off chance that the objective language is accessible on the web, like Duolingo, use it.

Attempt to rehearse the language at each chance. For my situation, for certain dialects it implies eating at an ethnic café. On the off chance that you have a companion or neighbor who communicates in the language, attempt to do as such with him.

Best of luck!

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Re: What are tricks and tips in learning a new language?

Postby sammyk » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:13 am

I still think that being immersed into the language culture that you are trying to learn is the best way to learn that language. I know that that is hard for alot of people to do, but you should really try it if you can.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:38 am

I am using English as a foreign language. English is a compulsory subject in schools and colleges. That's why learning English was easier for me. I have rudimentary skills in the Hindi language. I learned Hindi through Bollywood movies. Along with my mother tongue, I speak Hindi and English. Therefore, I am a multi-lingual person. Audio-Video medium is the best way to learn a language.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:16 pm

When I learned conversational Nihonggo what I did was to create a glossary of words and phrases like the greeting of good morning, thank you, what is your name, what do you want to eat or drink. The next step after memorizing the list is to use it. It is not a problem now because you can connect to a foreigner with the use of social media so you can have a real conversation.

sweerie_banana
Kenya

Postby sweerie_banana » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:51 am

I have never tried to learn a foreign language. I so desire to learn a foreign language.
I need to learn a foreign language cause not so many people dare to learn a new language. I desire to be a translation.

I know practice makes perfect so you have to really practice all the time so that you can also work on your pronunciation. There are so many jobs available for translating and no one wants to learn something new. I will write it out on a CD, or practice online as I do my other activities.

I desire to know Spanish and German. I know a little bit of French, I learned it in my primary school but now I cannot remember the hang of it.
All the very best on your journey and thanks for the tips.

Return to “All Others”