Too old to learn?

alexhuxley

Re: Too old to learn?

Postby alexhuxley » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:20 am

You're never too old to learn a foreign language. It may seem a little more difficult than when you learned as a kid, but with age on your side, you have can focus on the most effective strategies for learning, rather than just trying to absorb meaning from natural conversation. Look into SRS software like Anki for vocabulary acquisition. It's really helped me with my Japanese studies.

nnacrter
Philippines

Postby nnacrter » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Age doesnt matter in learning. As long as you're interested in it and you're willing to learn. It will be easy for you.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:24 am

I somehow do not agree with you completely. It is just a strong will power that matters irrespective of the age. Moreover, the need of the hour, facilitates our speed and quality of learning. I agree that young age favors easy and speedy learning, but this definitely does not rule out the learning process in the latter years of life. Age is just a number if a person decides to remain young at heart.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 am

No age is ever too old for someone to learn. There is a saying that whenever one wakes up is his or her own morning, so therefore no one should be discouraged to learn no matter the age range of such individual, as no knowledge is a waste at any time is gotten.

TingJ
Philippines

Postby TingJ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:14 am

Learning is unstoppable and does not depend upon the age. If a person is willing to know a language, I think it is possible that he or she could catch up. the terms easily. The brain still have the capacity to store knowledge irregardless of age.

There are so many ways to learn a certain language. We can have somebody to teach for us. There are also available books we can buy in the bookstore that have translations of our native language into a certain language. Last but not the least is learning through the internet. This is the most convenient way because we can do it at home and with flexible time.

Return to “All Others”