On Saying "I Love You"

Any topic and any subject.
ohgodlol

On Saying "I Love You"

Postby ohgodlol » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Ah those three words which can mean everything and nothing. In an online relationship can you ever truly say you love someone? Sure you can fall in love with the person's voice, the way they think, their soul, etc. but if you've never met them before, never looked into their eyes, never felt their hand in yours, is it really love? Even if it is, how long should you wait before saying it?

ptahm22
Kenya

Re: On Saying "I Love You"

Postby ptahm22 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:44 am

Saying" I Love You" means alot especially if you're saying face to face or to someone you meet often on a date or living together. However, online relationships are tricky, you may have to say the words just to pass time. Until you meet someone you can't confirm that you love them.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:39 am

Personally I feel that 90% of the online relationships that are thriving are all build up on a fake base. There is more of show off and dishonesty rather that truth that is the sole base of any perfect relationship.

I can never ever trust a person on the basis of what appears on the screen . It is good to be practical and believe taht the truth will always be lying far behind.

to7update
Portugal

Postby to7update » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:38 am

I think it depends a lot on the culture, but I feel that in English the expression "I love you" has lost a lot of it's strength because it's used way too often. In my country the correspondent expression is used just when we really love someone, and not like "I love fries" for example.

arachnophobik
Philippines

Postby arachnophobik » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:51 am

I fell in love with someone online once. I didn't think it was possible either. She had a kid, she was 5 years older than me, she had an unstable life, but her personality really made me attracted to her and I would've never thought I would fall for her. One day I just woke up thinking about her and finishing my college studies so that I could go abroad, take her out on a proper date, and marry her. I was determined, and for me that was love. It sadly didn't work out in the end though, but I wish you the best of luck man!

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:31 am

I am going to agree with all of you. "I love you" these words are meaning a lot. I think if anyone says you these words online then it not true because at the same time I have no idea that one say these words to how persons. But in real life, if anyone met with you and then after meeting he will say these words face to face then might be it true.
Last edited by Daniel on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

blank629
Philippines

Postby blank629 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:52 am

I don't think it is called love if there ain't interact in each other personally. The two of them first must form a bond to say that saying "I love you" in a chat has a meaning in them. Saying this three words in one person is like telling you to them that you really mean what you say. That you loved him/her.

pandooh
Philippines

Postby pandooh » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:00 am

Those words are more than what it seems. It holds greater meaning and responsibility. Saying that things means that you have gone through a deeper level with that man/woman. That's the expression when we want to feel the person that we love them. For me I can easily write it than say it. I can sense more meaning from hearing those words than just reading it in my mind. I have encountered lots of people online saying that even with just chatting a few words, It can easily be said than feel it.

hallowishie
Philippines

Postby hallowishie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Saying “I love you” is merely words if you don’t accompany it with actions that requires effort, patience and trust. Saying I love you is easy but proving it to someone is difficult and challenging. Words can be easily uttered but with actions, it takes a person to truly love someone to put effort in proving those 3 words.

In the world of today, people are so used to saying “I love you” without even meaning it. People say those words as if it’s the same with “hello”. Before we say those words to someone, we should examine our hearts first and make sure ofhow we really feel. We need to be careful of what we say and we need to think first before uttering those 3 words.

mhaou33
Philippines

Postby mhaou33 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:17 am

Saying "I love you" nowadays has become less imperative. For some, they just say it for the sake of they just wanted to prove to other people without even them knowing themselves that they don't actually feel it. In the long run, it boils down to actions. As what the saying goes action speaks louder than words. On saying I love you we have to make it sure that we are sincere in this 3 words. Expressing love associates with spending the time to the person we love as for them, it is the best expression of love. Just by saying "I love you" doesn't mean we really love that person. It requires effort, sacrifices, trust, respect, concern, and responsibility to prove our worth to love and be loved.

Return to “Miscellaneous”