On Saying "I Love You"

Any topic and any subject.
nnacrter
Philippines

Re: On Saying "I Love You"

Postby nnacrter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:28 am

On saying "I Love You" is not just three words. This word has many and different meanings. I love you as a friend. I love you as a family. I love you as a boyfriend/girlfriend. I love you as my fellow. I love you as my neighbor. But these word means Nothing or Non-sense, If you don't make efforts to make them feel you love them. Being loved is the most wonderful feeling we ever feel. Everyone deserves to be loved and to not be fooled. If you love the person, make them feel first. It's not just about the words. it's about how you make them feel.

cherimae
Australia

Postby cherimae » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:36 am

Well, before I met my husband we were online penpals, and I would say we both fell for each other before we met in person. Trust me, I thought that the concept was ridiculous too, that you could fall for someone and love them before you met them. We didn't admit that until we met in person, but I would say based on my own experiences it isn't as crazy as you would think to say those three magic words before you meet someone in person.

jkeypad
Philippines

Postby jkeypad » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:41 am

For me, yes!. Even it's an online relationship, yes you can tell how much you love the person even you haven't met the person yet. When you talk every day. When you do things together. When you feel comfortable with each other. I know it's hard to know but you'll know when you love the person, you give your time and effort. You can't stop thinking about the person, you care, you wanted to see him/her happy, you are excited and don't wanna missed any single day not to talk and see the person. You saw something special to that person, you believe something that will happen great. it just takes a lot of patience, understanding, and courage. You wait because you're unsure about your feelings for her/him. But the moment you felt something good, you felt and you see yourself with her/him in the future, then say it and show it!. Goodluck! :)

botonchin
Philippines

Postby botonchin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:00 am

For me, the words "I love you" should never be said in a light manner. It must only be uttered to the people you trust and consider family and must only be said when the timing is right. These three words hold great amount of feeling and emotion so we must always be sensitive and consider these to be "special words" to be said on "special occasions" only.

dhovorka
Austria

Postby dhovorka » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:22 am

Saying "I Love you" can mean in different cultures a different thing maybe. Also, you always love your relatives and this does not mean that you are attracted to another person from the relation point of view. I personally feel that in some culture due to translation the meaning get's lost and this might be an issue for people from different cultural background to use the words. For example: I Love You in a lot of third party world means, I Love that you have all things which I don't have, or I love what you give me, or I love what you stand for. However expressing the feeling I love you got lost in many cases in our days.

Mishimishi
Philippines

Postby Mishimishi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:58 am

I've been in an online relationship for 3 years and 2 months, sure it is difficult. I cannot help but think that he's a just a fantasy. But I'm so in love with him, and I don't really know why I just can't let go of him. I love him so much that I have given up so many opportunities so I could have time for him. Now, it's different, everything has changed. I don't know what exactly happened, but suddenly I felt I should let go. I never had a boyfriend in real life, I'm still wishing and praying that someday he'll come and tell me he's real. I wanna hug him, I wanna feel his warmth, is that too much for me to ask? All my life I've been unselfish, but when it comes to him I want to be selfish just this once. I wish he's here... :'(

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:29 am

nnacrter wrote:On saying "I Love You" is not just three words. This word has many and different meanings. I love you as a friend. I love you as a family. I love you as a boyfriend/girlfriend. I love you as my fellow. I love you as my neighbor. But these word means Nothing or Non-sense, If you don't make efforts to make them feel you love them. Being loved is the most wonderful feeling we ever feel. Everyone deserves to be loved and to not be fooled. If you love the person, make them feel first. It's not just about the words. it's about how you make them feel.

You are absolutely right and will like to say that if you love someone so you have to prove that through your care. I also have a friend I love her as a good fellow but she loves me as a boyfriend. I really don't know how I should treat her. I care her a lot and don't want to see her tears and worries. What do you think about that?

Kieranlewix
Zodiac: Virgo
Kenya

Postby Kieranlewix » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Having dated online a couple of times myself, I can understand what you are asking. Sometimes it is impossible not to tell your partner the three magic words when this feeling of absolute and pure attraction is obviously love. I think it is okay to tell someone you love them even if you are continents away, provided they say the same too. Otherwise, you might seem the crazy one and none of us want to be branded that. At this point in history, confessing love is no longer such a big deal even in face to face relationships. That is why it doesn't seem off even in international relationships in front of a screen. I still feel that saying "I love you" is one of the best things you can say to someone.

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:33 am

mhaou33 wrote:Saying "I love you" nowadays has become less imperative. For some, they just say it for the sake of they just wanted to prove to other people without even them knowing themselves that they don't actually feel it. In the long run, it boils down to actions. As what the saying goes action speaks louder than words. On saying I love you we have to make it sure that we are sincere in this 3 words. Expressing love associates with spending the time to the person we love as for them, it is the best expression of love. Just by saying "I love you" doesn't mean we really love that person. It requires effort, sacrifices, trust, respect, concern, and responsibility to prove our worth to love and be loved.

I totally agree with you. If anyone shows its love with through all of these things which you have shared in your post then its true love. Just Saying "I Love You" didn't mean that person loves you. But I must say that in these days, everyone says these words to each person for just time pass therefore in this word now there are lots of people which have not trust in love.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:42 am

I have also ever had an online relationship in 2014. All I can say now is texting someone "I love you" when you have never met them doesn't make sense. You can have butterflies when they text you in a loving manner but we shouldn't forget that anyone can pretend while texting.

I was much of an introvert back then and maybe that is why I had lied to myself I was inlove with a boy I met online. Even though we decided to meet later and know each other, I can say you shouldn't put much emphasis or invest your emotions on someone you have never really met.

I nowadays prefer to start a relationship with someone I meet in real life situations. This is because it is easy to see and discern someone's characteristics when you are next to them unlike dating online.

Return to “Miscellaneous”