Holiday Traffic in the City

Any topic and any subject.
Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Holiday Traffic in the City

Postby Kakashi2020 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:31 am

It's Christmas time once more and the streets of Metro Manila are jam-packed with cars and people. Everyone's on a holiday mood, for those who are retired, they received their Pension Bonus and for those who are working, Christmas Bonuses and 13th month pay are already in their pockets. It's Christmas Shopping time again, and all the people are busy, it's the 3rd week of December and the traffic is not moving.

What do you normally do when caught in heavy traffic during the holiday rush? Do you have traffic jams in your city?

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Re: Holiday Traffic in the City

Postby sammyk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:43 am

I work in the transportation industry, so I usually travel a lot. When I'm in a really bad traffic jam I usually just pull out my cell phone and start surfing the web. Luckily I'm not driving over the next few weeks so I don't have to deal with some of the crazy traffic.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Yes, the holidays are a really bad time to be on the road and stuck in traffic as well, also that usually means a lot of drivers being ticketed for drunk driving. I would say to avoid busy and peak holiday traffic hours, if you can.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:46 am

It is now the season of Lent that we have a long holiday in this Holy Week observance. The traffic will greatly be lessened on Wednesday until Saturday and will be back to normal by Easter. Most people are taking advantage of the holidays to take their vacation instead of observing the religious season.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:25 pm

I noticed that I just do nothing when confronted with heavy traffic. I don't have a car, so I just stare at the window and watch the view in front of me. I don't want to use my phone while I'm in a public vehicle.

Return to “Miscellaneous”