long distance relationship

Any topic and any subject.
maxen57

Re: long distance relationship

Postby maxen57 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:43 pm

Long distance relationships are tricky. All relationships of any kind require a certain amount of physicality from a touch of a hand to a hug. Sometimes, just seeing each other face to face is enough but long distance relationships require more effort from both parties for it to work. I used to have accounts in dating sites but I'm yet to have any success with actually having a relationship with a foreign man but I know what it's like to have someone you love far away from you.

Novelangel

Postby Novelangel » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:17 pm

Long distance relationships require a lot of work to keep them going. You have to be willing to put the effort and time into it that such relationships demand. If you're referring to the distance of two different countries, that is the hardest of all, because you not only have time zones to think about, (for communication purposes) but there has to be considerable trust between the two people involved. This is due to the distance and amount of time spent apart. You have to know that person VERY well... well enough that you no longer even consider that he/she might be dating someone else already. It's very easy for people involved in that sort of thing to just give up and find "easier" relationships closer at hand. Getting past that is quite the hurdle but some people do make it work.

kamai

Postby kamai » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:41 pm

I don't believe in long distance relationships. I feel like that's the most difficult way to be in a relationship since you can't really spend time with your love. Trust issues can also come to front and may cause conflict between the couple.

ReadmeByAmy

Postby ReadmeByAmy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:09 am

My marriage is a product of a long distance relationship and I am glad that we had survived whatever we had gone through before. It is absolutely true that if both partners will not make an effort and time to make the relationship works then it will only goes to nothing. Having the patience and understanding to wait is also one factor to be considered. And if both partners are emotionally and spiritually loving each other then time will make a way for both of them.

Glenny
Canada

Postby Glenny » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:58 am

Long distance is definitely NOT easy.
It takes a lot of time and effort on both parties. I've had a failed LDR and I have learned a lot coming into this current one.
If one person doesn't put enough effort, it'll be hard to continue to keep the passion going.

Eleonor

Postby Eleonor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:27 pm

In long distance relationships, constant communication is crucial. It is easy to feel unloved or to assume that the other party is getting cold when he/she is making less effort to communicate. Married couples who are forced into long distance relationships due to work or the desire to gain citizenship in a foreign country are in for tougher times as there will be temptations to stray on both side. On the other hand, couples who meet online and try to maintain a relationship will face challenges on building mutual trust. Modern technology notwithstanding, I'd still prefer my man to be somewhere near and on call. Long distance relationships, overall, is a stressful relationship.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:38 pm

A long distance relationship is not a real relationship and you kind of fool yourself into thinking that you are involved in something genuine,also words kind of lose their meaning over time if there is no physical action between the two. This kind of arrangement makes you tired as well ,and over time and you lose touch with reality.

blank629
Philippines

Postby blank629 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:56 am

For me it is a yes. Long distance relationship is hard. So you must put a lot of effort in keeping your relationship. If you loved your partner, it is not hard for you to make a time for them especially when you miss that person.

mhaou33
Philippines

Postby mhaou33 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:28 am

Long distance relationship may work if the two people are brave enough to fight for their relationship. It requires huge efforts and sacrifices to find time to communicate with each other. Constant communication is the key for the relationship to work. I have had two long distance relationship experiences and none of them worked. The 1st one I had ended up that our relationship went empty when somebody is waiting who will find time to communicate first. Until we finally decided to give each other time and space. The second one was very good at first and then eventually it didn't work. She found someone she thinks better than me. I felt I was betrayed that moment knowing that we already had an agreement that after two years she will go back to her hometown and we will get married. Both of our parents already made an arrangement for the said wedding as well. We started preparing back then. We even already had plans about the venue and the dates. But I was surprised one day seeing her post in SNS that she had an affair with another guy near to her workplace. SHe might mistakenly post it. I did confront her about what I read. She denied at first until admitted that she had another boyfriend. It really broke my heart knowing that were still together and she also had a boyfriend in her place. I hated her for doing such thing. After the what happened we never had communications for 2 years. Now, she had a lot of regrets, though for choosing the guy over me. I felt so sorry for her that she has now a terrible life with the guy. But I guess that's what we called "law of karma", I may sound bitter but I think we do really reap what we sow. So better yet, we should think a thousand times before making a tough decision in life. Otherwise, we may have regrets about the things that we cannot undo. One thing I learned in having a long distance relationship is if you don't have faith and trust to each other it will not work.

hallowishie
Philippines

Postby hallowishie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Long distance relationship takes a lot of hardwork, trust, patience, and ofcourse love should ever be present. Longing for someone you love, away from you is lonesome and challenging. It is when your love and loyalty will be tested. However, despite all the challenges and struggles you will face in long distance kind of relationship, if you really deeply and dearly love the person, it will be worth the wait and effort. If you love the person, even though he/she is miles away from you or you are oceans apart, the fire is still burning inside your hearts. No distance can separate and stop two people deeply inlove.

Return to “Miscellaneous”