foods and drinks

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
manilyn
Philippines

foods and drinks

Postby manilyn » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Lahat ng bilihin dito sa amin ay subrang mahal na.wala ng mura sa panahon ngayon.kaya spend wisely!

maxen57

Re: foods and drinks

Postby maxen57 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:18 pm

manilyn wrote:Lahat ng bilihin dito sa amin ay subrang mahal na.wala ng mura sa panahon ngayon.kaya spend wisely!

The author simply said that items where she's from are too expensive and that these times, there's nothing cheap anymore so better spend wisely.

In my opinion, too much spending can be alleviated if one knows how to be frugal instead of being cheap. When you are frugal, you don't sacrifice the quality of basic necessities needed for day to day living. One just needs to identify where to best put your money and where you can afford to not spend any money at all. For example is food. My grandfather, a retired doctor, would always say that it's best to spend thousands in food than in the hospital. Even if you come from humble means it is still better to buy fruits and vegetables in the farmers market than in the grocery because you are always sure that the ones in the local farmers market are organic and fresh. Always remembering to bring your own eco bag instead of spending your Php10 to buy another will save you money. Being careful with the way you use the electricity and water will save you bills.

kamai

Postby kamai » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:36 pm

I love food I love to experiment with new dishes. I'm always looking up recipes especially if they are good and healthy. I like the fact that I have learned how to cook now that I'm a mom.

abelinc
Philippines

Postby abelinc » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:10 pm

If you're coming from the UK, the US and other developed nations, your money can buy relatively more when spent in the Philippines. Currently, 1 USD is 46.92 pesos while 1 GBP is 68.39 pesos. So how you can stretch your money will depend on where you choose to dine out.
Typical mid-range to high-end restaurants in the Philippines, particularly in Cebu priced their items as follows:
500 mL bottled water = 20 to 40 pesos
can of coke = 40 pesos to 60 pesos
domestic beer (.5 liter draught) = 30 to 60 pesos
imported beer (.33 liter) = 60 to 130 pesos
glass of iced tea/shake = 50 pesos to 85 pesos
regular cappuccino = 60 pesos to 120 pesos
plate of pasta = 120 pesos to 285 pesos
vegetable dish = 85 pesos to 150 pesos
meat dish = 200 pesos to 500 pesos

In a mid-range restaurant, a three-course meal for 2 could set you back from 350 to 1,000 pesos.
Check out the Philippines @ http://www.bisdak.org

Return to “Foods & Drinks”