Philippines Street Foods

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
ryyde
Philippines

Re: Philippines Street Foods

Postby ryyde » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:48 pm

Philippines street foods are the best. But keep in mind that this foods may also bought disease to an individual. It's true that those kinds of foods are delicious and cheap. Most of us agreed from it but as you can see those foods is prepared on the streets. It is exposed from smoke and dust came from the road and I think that it's improper. My advice is to be cautious from the foods you eat and choose by the way it is prepared.

TingJ
Philippines

Postby TingJ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:59 pm

Street foods are in demand in the Philippines. They are delicious and cheap. An example for this is a Pastil. We might be confused why it considered a street food? It has rice mixed with viand such as chicken adobo wrapped with the leaves of the banana. You can eat it while standing along the side of the road. It is considered a meal because an order could satisfy fully one's mouth.

mdayrit
Philippines

Postby mdayrit » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:00 pm

During college, we would often eat street foods before going on our way home just to fill our tummy and be ready to be stuck in traffic. I enjoy eating fishballs especially if they are newly cooked. Tried buying one in the supermarket and cooked it at home but I am not sure why I cannot make it taste like the one sold on the streets. Aside from fishballs, what fills my tummy fast is the boiled corn with cheese powder. This corn is already out of its base. It is placed in a cup and topped with cheese powder and some butter. Mix it and enjoy the sweet taste of corn and cheese.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:16 pm

sammyk wrote:If you ever go to the Philippines, make sure you tryout some of the street foods. One of my favorites is the fried chicken skins with hot sauce dip.

It's called Chicken Skins and it's basically chicken skin and inner chicken fat, which was seasoned, breaded and deep fried to a crisp. It's one unhealthy snack but with or without the sauce that which can be either gravy based or vinegar based, it taste delicious.
It usually sells at about $0.20-$0.40 per packet. It can be seen being sold in pushcarts all around the city and also at kiosks in most big and small malls in the metro.

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:07 am

Kakashi2020 wrote:
sammyk wrote:If you ever go to the Philippines, make sure you tryout some of the street foods. One of my favorites is the fried chicken skins with hot sauce dip.

It's called Chicken Skins and it's basically chicken skin and inner chicken fat, which was seasoned, breaded and deep fried to a crisp. It's one unhealthy snack but with or without the sauce that which can be either gravy based or vinegar based, it taste delicious.
It usually sells at about $0.20-$0.40 per packet. It can be seen being sold in pushcarts all around the city and also at kiosks in most big and small malls in the metro.

Yes, I know that it is unhealthy but it reminds me of growing up in the deep south in the US. Fried chicken skin was on of my favorites. But, sadly now, a lot of stores sell skinless chicken. But, when I return to the Phil. I will make sure that I eat as many fried chicken skins as I can.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:06 am

IMG_20180706_165009_020.jpg
IMG_20180706_165009_020.jpg (33.6 KiB) Viewed 5500 times

This is one of my favorite Philippine Street Foods, it's called "Palitaw", or Flat Rice Cakes, it's basically made out of Boiled Rice Flour covered with freshly grated coconut meat, sugar and toasted sesame seeds. It's filling, cheap at $0.30 per 3 pieces and very delicious. You can find this near wet markets and churches every morning. Its mostly eaten as a dessert or as a mid morning or mid afternoon snack.

mdayrit
Philippines

Postby mdayrit » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:26 am

Kakashi2020 wrote:IMG_20180706_165009_020.jpg

This is one of my favorite Philippine Street Foods, it's called "Palitaw", or Flat Rice Cakes, it's basically made out of Boiled Rice Flour covered with freshly grated coconut meat, sugar and toasted sesame seeds. It's filling, cheap at $0.30 per 3 pieces and very delicious. You can find this near wet markets and churches every morning. Its mostly eaten as a dessert or as a mid morning or mid afternoon snack.

I love "Palitaw" too. My mom buys me this every Sunday after Church. It is mostly sold near churches and markets before but now you may find sellers on bicycle roving around and selling palitaw.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:49 pm

As long as the street food is prepared well in a neat and hygienic environment, I wouldn't mind eating from such selling point any time I choose. Basically, such street foods are light meals, so they are easily prepared because people can't wait too long to eat by the street side.

jayjaydimson
Philippines

Postby jayjaydimson » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:48 pm

I really love street foods a lot, I eat it almost every day. Its my daily living. And I would really introduce Philippine street foods to the worls, its one of the best. The foods are very unique and and the price is so reasonable.

Return to “Foods & Drinks”