Philippines Street Foods

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Philippines Street Foods

Postby sammyk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:12 pm

If you ever go to the Philippines, make sure you tryout some of the street foods. One of my favorites is the fried chicken skins with hot sauce dip.

sweetcath
Philippines

Re: Philippines Street Foods

Postby sweetcath » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:15 pm

one of the traditional food here is BALOT.foreigners must eat balot if not you will miss half of your life here.lol

Eleonor

Postby Eleonor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:33 pm

One of my favorite streetfoods is the calamares. It's deep-fried squid with breading which is dipped on a spicy or regular vinegar sauce . I always choose a vendor who is particular about how the sauce is served and who gives individual serving of sauce to their customers. If the vendor simply lets the customer dip on a common container, that is a big turn off for me.

nnacrter
Philippines

Postby nnacrter » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 pm

Philippine Street food is life. Try to eat balot. It's benefits is to strengthen your knees. Also Kwek kwek, fried egg coated with flour dyed orange, perfect dip with different kind of sauce.

jy76
Zodiac: Sagittarius
United States of America

Postby jy76 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:49 pm

I'm not sure if it's street food but when I was there you could buy these roasted chickens about anywhere. However, what set them apart was a special sauce. Anyway, of course, the chicken was always served with white rice.

fern2x2001
Philippines

Postby fern2x2001 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:48 pm

I love Philippine street food such as fried calamares. Fried calamares are fried squid, cut in bite size pieces and coated with flour and dipped into a batter which is a mixture of water, flour and cornstarch, which makes it really crispy, and probably extra flavorings and then deep fried. The concoction of the batter is top secret as well as the sweet sauce and vinegar that you dip it into before eating it. Next is fish ball, squid ball, and chicken ball (yeah we love balls :lol: ) which you can find near the vendor of the fried calamares :D . Next is the grill station where you could find different grilled parts of chicken including the innards like the intestines called isaw. Be sure to check that station. ;) Another is the Tokneneng, boiled chicken egg, dipped into an orange batter then deep fried, and kwek kwek, boiled quail egg, dipped into the same orange batter then deep fried. Which you eat with the same sweet sauce and vinegar as the fried calamares. There are a lot of delicious Philippine street food to choose from and to look forward to tasting and eating. Just come and visit the Philippines and try them all and see and taste for yourself. :D

genesis
Philippines

Postby genesis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Guys, of course we love these foods, we're from Philippines. Always be reminded that other cultures have their own different taste preference. If foreigners will be going here in Philippines and wanted to try some of our foods, better give them first filipino's best dishes - Adobo and sinigang. And I'm sure they'll love it. And when they get used to the taste of the cooking here in Philippines, introduce them the street foods. Fish balls must always be on the list, kikiam, hotdogs, it's the taste that they would love to have. Also halo-halo, surely they'll come looking for this when they got home. :)

mhaou33
Philippines

Postby mhaou33 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:08 pm

I love fishball, squid ball and grilled chicken liver and fried chicken skin. Chicken barbecue is also on top of the list. Most especially when it is served hot, soaked in a hot sauce, oh my it is so delicious.

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:08 am

I would like to say that all the members shared great kind of stuff about the Philippines Street Foods. I really like this shared stuff and decided that I will enjoy this street food there when I will take a tour at this place with my friends. I must say that keep sharing guys like this.

Enjoying my new york to niagara falls.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:55 am

Thi is really good to know that you have a plan to enjoy food Philippines Street. I am so sure this would be a realy nice experience for you and will back with lots of memories. Share here which point will you like to select for enjoying food have you decided anyone?

What say about tours of los angeles?

Return to “Foods & Drinks”