Fried Catfish

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
countryman12
United States of America

Fried Catfish

Postby countryman12 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Southern fried catfish is the best eating down south in the states.
Attachments
catfish.jpg
Catfish
catfish.jpg (7.31 KiB) Viewed 3744 times

AngelaMc
United States of America

Re: Fried Catfish

Postby AngelaMc » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:17 pm

:roll: I have to say I am a big fan of Catfish. It is a great Southern staple, and I have made it quite a bit also. I love to fish, so usually my brothers and I catch our own, well actually they catch more than me, due to the fact Catfish put up a pretty good fight when you get one on the line. I usually do a dry wet dry recipe when I fry mine, (breadcrumbs, egg, breadcrumbs) sometimes I use flour instead. Fried Catfish, Fries, Coleslaw and a Cold Beer, it doesn't get any better than that. Yummy. :D

mauricioq

Postby mauricioq » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:30 am

Here in Portugal, we eat this a lot! Specially in the summertime, it's a great and different way to eat fish, the flavor is all there and everything is crispy. Great food if you like fish!

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:50 am

This is one of my all-time favorite foods to eat. I grew up catching and eating them since I was a kid. But, I prefer to eat the farm raised kind. I usually cook mine in seafood breader and eat it with Texas Pete hot sauce and tartar sauce.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

countryman12
United States of America

Postby countryman12 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:51 am

ricky1874 wrote:This is one of my all-time favorite foods to eat. I grew up catching and eating them since I was a kid. But, I prefer to eat the farm raised kind. I usually cook mine in seafood breader and eat it with Texas Pete hot sauce and tartar sauce.

If you like catfish and hot sauce then maybe you should try this recipe. Take some catfish and put it in a bowl with a little bit of vinegar and alot of texas pete hot sauce. Take a knife and tenderize the fish by poking holes in it. This is to let the sauce fully soak throughout the fish. Put it in the refrigerator overnight to marinate. Then fry it in some Louisiana fish fry mix. That's some good eating there!
Attachments
fishfry.png
fishfry.png (66.47 KiB) Viewed 3379 times

Return to “Foods & Drinks”