Stiff porridge

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
remnant

Stiff porridge

Postby remnant » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:46 am

Have you ever visited East Africa? Other than the genial attitude and hospitality associated with the tropical climate, there is a unique yet simple and versatile dish I would like to share with you. Its stiff porridge or 'ugali'. It is prepared by first heating water to boiling point and mixing it with maize meal to a stiff consistency. This is achieved by stirring the mixture with a cooking stick. This is followed by turning the maizemeal dough for even cooking and to prevent burning. It takes about 15 min to prepare. It can be served hot or cold with practically any stew or eaten with tea or soup. Its excellent when eaten with yoghurt or soup milk during hot weather.It saves on time when one is hungry, humstrung for time short of fuel. Try it today!

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Re: Stiff porridge

Postby mildredtabitha » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:25 am

remnant wrote:Have you ever visited East Africa? Other than the genial attitude and hospitality associated with the tropical climate, there is a unique yet simple and versatile dish I would like to share with you. Its stiff porridge or 'ugali'. It is prepared by first heating water to boiling point and mixing it with maize meal to a stiff consistency. This is achieved by stirring the mixture with a cooking stick. This is followed by turning the maizemeal dough for even cooking and to prevent burning. It takes about 15 min to prepare. It can be served hot or cold with practically any stew or eaten with tea or soup. Its excellent when eaten with yoghurt or soup milk during hot weather.It saves on time when one is hungry, humstrung for time short of fuel. Try it today!

This stiff porridge is my country's staple food. I love eating it with ripe avocados, omelet, kales, spinach, cabbage, stew, fried eggs, soya meat, and also fermented milk. You can also eat it wit beans and green grams. I also recommend people to try this meal. :lol: :P

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am

I really like to try this meal in my free time with my besties and before that want to see some images of this from you all. Actually, I am packing my bag for New York to Acadia bus tour. However, Would anyone from you like to share with us? Ac

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:10 am

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1f/41/57/1f41578f62d0c2079cf393182eaa0739.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b9/8e/8e/b98e8e8b7cfc33f54240868e74bebe68.jpg

Mark Grill wrote:I really like to try this meal in my free time with my besties and before that want to see some images of this from you all. Actually, I am packing my bag for New York to Acadia bus tour. However, Would anyone from you like to share with us? Ac

From the attached image links, you can see the stiff porridge with kales and fish. You will also see the stiff porridge with omelet, kales and avocado. They are so yummy and I hope you will enjoy when you finally decide to make it.

Return to “Foods & Drinks”