strange foods

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
jaypinoy
Philippines

Re: strange foods

Postby jaypinoy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:29 am

For me the strangest food in the Philippines would be Balut. Both my parents and my siblings actually love to eat Balut but I don't eat it because I don't like how it looks. I also find it strange when they say that it's really yummy and tasty when in fact it looks awful because what's inside is a fetus duck (hope I'm making any sense lol). I really feel sad when I see a Balut because I don't understand why they have to stop the baby duck from growing inside the egg.

dave23
United States of America

Postby dave23 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:18 am

Although I'm not from Vietnam, I did come across a strange video on YouTube about the eating habits over there. In the video below it talks about how to make pancakes using worms. This is one of the strangest and nastiest things I've ever seen....but, if/when I ever travel to Vietnam I will probably try it. :P

youtu.be/Tz9R5FLnTeo

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:43 am

Fermented radish leaves is the weirdest food in my country, the smell is so pungent that a new person could immediately puke. However, in my country, this is one of the most loved food itemss. It is used in soup and eaten with steamed rice. It is made by fermenting radish leaves for 15-20 days and drying in the sun.

jeremydeth
United States of America

Postby jeremydeth » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:12 pm

Kakashi2020 wrote:Here's a photo of the stuff frog or Rellenong Palaka I tried, and it really looks funny :D but it was really delicious.

This actually looks good. Were I live alot of people eat frogs legs. They sell them in the grocery stores and in the seafood markets.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."

Return to “Foods & Drinks”