Best foods of your country

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
jaycua
Philippines

Re: Best foods of your country

Postby jaycua » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:18 am

sammyk wrote:My favorite Filipino food is adobo.

Im from the Philippines too. Hi there kababayan. I would have to agree with him here. This would be not only the best food of our country but the most famous and easiest to.prepare too I believe. And for a common dish, this has strangely alot of variants or various versions depending on our locale.

Im pleased to see so many sharing their best country food aswell. Reminds me of the day we had an international themed fiesta wherein we got taste food samples from different parts of the globe.

Makes me wonder how many here have tried other international dishes and how many places have your tastebuds traveled to?

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:03 am

Bambara groundnut prepared to be taken with pap and milk.
Attachments
IMG_20170924_125014_223.JPG
Bambara groundnut prepared to be taken with pap and milk.
IMG_20170924_125014_223.JPG (87.73 KiB) Viewed 6200 times

hallowishie
Philippines

Postby hallowishie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:22 am

The best food in the Philippines is the pork or chicken adobo. It is the ultimate comfort food of Filipinos. The pervasive flavor of Filipino food would be sourness, just because we like to cook with vinegar and with different citrus juices which is why adobo is top on the list. Adobo is a cooking method more than it is a dish. That particular method involves the cooking of any meat, seafood, fruit, or vegetable in a mixture of vinegar, bay leaves, black pepper, garlic, and salt or soy sauce, depending on which you like. What I love so much about adobo isn’t just the fact that it was my favorite Filipino dish growing up, but as an adult I really appreciate how simple and easy it is to make. If you’ve never heard of this dish, all you need to know is that it’s a staple in Filipino cuisine, and every Filipino believes their mom’s recipe of adobo, or Lola’s (grandma’s) adobo recipe, is the best.

Navi Ivan
Philippines

Postby Navi Ivan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:25 am

I think the best food that my country which is Philippines can offer is adobo. Adobo is a local food that contains chicken,soy sauce,ginger,garlic,onion,salt,pepper, and vinegar the taste is pretty good you cant taste really taste the vinegar because the soy sauce overcome the vinegar

And the second one is i almost forget that there other local food that famous in the Philippines and that is sinigang that more than the adobo instead of soy sauce overcoming the taste of vinegar but here its vise versa vinegar overcome the the taste of the soy sauce and that make it so unique in my country Philippines

Juliemonkey
Philippines

Postby Juliemonkey » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 am

Lechon and pancit bihon a must have in every party here in the Philippines.

nnacrter
Philippines

Postby nnacrter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:09 am

Philippines Best Foods are Adobo, Sisig, Sinigang, Kare-kare and many more. Many foreigners keep coming back at the Philippines because of the goodness of Philippine Foods.

dhovorka
Austria

Postby dhovorka » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:29 am

OK, I come originally from Austria, which means my top is Schnitzel with potato salad. This is the absolute must. Beside this, you can find a lot of sausages which you can enjoy with unique bread and mustard. Having a nice Austrian beer, which is better than any German beer is a must. Austria is also well known for wine on the international wine list.

fern2x2001
Philippines

Postby fern2x2001 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:17 am

I am a Filipino. And we Filipinos love to eat. So i find this topic very interesting. We even have a lot of variance for a single dish in different regions and provinces. But for me, Adobo is one of the best food in our country. It could be made with pork, or chicken, or both. That's only the basic. As i have said, there are a lot of variance with just a single dish. Here is my version of pork Adobo. I made it myself and will post more.

[image]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Dj01wI7_Hjs/maxresdefault.jpg[/image]

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:15 am

Why not, I am going to share with all of you some best food images of New York.

Really happy for my niagara falls package from new york.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:07 pm

There are several good food from which one can choose that is the best meal in my country. In fact, I'm even in a state of confusion on picking one as the best food because they are many. But anyways, I would just close my eyes and choose one, probably the one I enjoy eating most.

I would say that the beat food in my country is swallow with bitter leaf soup. This food is highly except when it's prepared by someone that knows how to cook well, once it's served, there is no way one who enjoys eating swallow would say no to the meal.

Return to “Foods & Drinks”