Best foods of your country

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
cherimae
Australia

Re: Best foods of your country

Postby cherimae » Sat May 12, 2018 4:37 am

Filipino food, I would say adobo. I ate a lot of it growing up and so it always has nostalgic feelings for me.

I live in Australia right now though, here the food is very multicultural and diverse. I would probably say that I like some seafood the best here, like barracuda which is caught a lot here.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:51 pm

sammyk wrote:What are some of the best foods that you have in your country? Post pictures if you can.

We have chapati which can be eaten with a lot of things like beans,greengrams or potatoes.We also have a dish called ugali which is also eaten with a lot of thigs that is meat or green vegies.

sweerie_banana
Kenya

Postby sweerie_banana » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:33 pm

I wish I could share a picture from my phone but the media is not reading. It is quite depressing.
There are many cuisines from where I reside. Everyone from different counties has different meals that they prefer and is their favorite.
I am not particular.

I love food. I love how it is prepared and that is what makes me crave. Sometimes I crave a maize meal and some vegetables and some roasted meat on the side, sometimes I want Pilau, sometimes I love chicken and some maize meal, at times I desire deep fried potatoes or chicken. For me, it all depends on the mood.

I love also eating healthy, I love roasting my sweet potatoes and bananas on a pan, I love groundnuts and the stew we make from it with rice or bananas like they eat in Uganda, for me, it all depends on the setting.
I love food so much.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:28 pm

Momo is the best food in my home country. This food is not only liked by the locals but also the visiting foreigners.
meal-5589923_640.jpg
Momo
meal-5589923_640.jpg (98.24 KiB) Viewed 3175 times

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:11 pm

justin wrote:Momo is the best food in my home country. This food is not only liked by the locals but also the visiting foreigners.
meal-5589923_640.jpg

This dish looks taste but what is it made of? Is it a sweet pastry dish or is it a meat or vegetable dish?

daniel74
United States of America

Postby daniel74 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:43 pm

One of my favorite foods is eating some oxtails. Eating oxtails with some rice is some of the best eating you can ever do.
Attachments
oxtails.jpg
Oxtails and rice
oxtails.jpg (167.04 KiB) Viewed 3108 times

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Sat May 08, 2021 11:44 pm

I think the best foods of my country are ube halaya, yema, leche flan, merengue, lengua de gato, halo-halo, taho, scramble and sago't gulaman. They're very much local foods and are very delicious, I decided to name desserts because the viands were already mentioned.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:30 am

My best foods are chapati, chicken, mokimo. I also like other type of foods since you can't eat those ones only.

Return to “Foods & Drinks”