Street food in Hongkong

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Street food in Hongkong

Postby Alexandoy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:08 pm

We have streetfood carts in the Philippines and I was surprised that they also have that in Hongkong. When I talked to the guy manning the barbecue stand, he said that they have those streetfoods since the time of his grandparents. That made me think because the streetfoods in Metro Manila started only in my lifetime. That means Hongkong was first when it comes to streetfoods. The first in their list of bestseller is the pork barbecue followed by roasted chicken meat on a stick.

kaka135
Malaysia

Re: Street food in Hongkong

Postby kaka135 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:29 pm

I am not sure who started the culture of street food, but here in Malaysia, there are many street food carts/stalls too. It had become a culture here where local people or foreign visitors like to eat at those stalls.

I have always been watching Hong Kong dramas and movies since I was young, and it seems like the street food there are really famous too, though I haven't try it myself.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:23 am

Do let me know guys which Street food in Hongkong is best for enjoying and having a great time. I really want to know cause wanna spend a nice time with mates in next days. So if anyone likes to recommend me anything about that then must share here.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:37 pm

Mark Grill wrote:Do let me know guys which Street food in Hongkong is best for enjoying and having a great time. I really want to know cause wanna spend a nice time with mates in next days. So if anyone likes to recommend me anything about that then must share here.

For the best Dai Pai Dongs goto Temple Street Market at dusk and you'll have a gastronomic feast. There's a lot of seafood and other fried street food there. Also a must try is the night market in Mongkok, it has a great selection of sweets.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:56 pm

I see that Hong Kong street food is characterised as ready-to-eat snacks and drinks sold by vendors in food stalls but ready to take anywhere in polystyrene boxes, and some of these foods include egg tarts, fish balls, and the egg waffles sound good. You should watch the extra sugar and salt they add though, also they add a greater portion of oil to the food as well.

Return to “Foods & Drinks”