Eating Worms in the Philippines

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
kaka135
Malaysia

Re: Eating Worms in the Philippines

Postby kaka135 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Heatman wrote:I'm actually not surprised at watching this video of people eating worms because I have seen it a lot in most Chinese movies that I have watched as well all through my childhood age. I think it's a kind of culture in such areas to eat such things. I have seen people eat snakes, maggots, worms and even dog meats.

I did not know Chinese eats worms as well. I know there are many food or "delicacies" some Chinese eat, but I don't know worms is one of them. A friend told me she ate worms in Singapore. It's a packet of fried worms, and they are crunchy and tasty. I also heard that it contains high protein too. I haven't seen any worms selling here yet, and I don't think I feel comfortable eating it.

Bravosi
Ukraine

Postby Bravosi » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:40 pm

I can assume it has been caused by the fact that there is lack of food, or meat is very expensive. Worms have protein.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:24 pm

Sorry...I missed eating those worms on my last trip to the Phil. ha ha. But seriously, I might just try some when I go back
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Return to “Foods & Drinks”