Crawfish?

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
countryman12
United States of America

Crawfish?

Postby countryman12 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:22 pm

Does anyone else eat fried crawfish tails? I got some years ago at Walmart and cooked some and fell in love with them. Anyways, I found this recipe online for cooking them. But I replaced some of the ingredients with my own. If you like it...try it and let me know what you think.

1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup flour
1/2 cup seafood breader
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 lb large, peeled crawfish tails

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Re: Crawfish?

Postby Kakashi2020 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:18 am

I love crawfish, here it's called locally as "Ulang". It's steamed or fried in oil, garlic, butter and chillies. But my fave recipe is called Crawfish Curry. It's really easy to cook and so tasty. Just pantry Crawfish with some oil, chillies, bellpeppers, onions, salt, potato wedges and add curry powder and coconut milk, simmer until sauce thickens. It's so tasty and taste great with rice.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:28 pm

I like eating crawfish too. When I cook them it will either be fried or broiled. I like eating fried crawfish tails, but sometime I will just bake or broil them and add them to my clam chowder.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:01 am

I first tried crawfish years ago and liked it. Not as good as shrimp, but it still was good. But, I imagine if I ate it in a restaurant like in New Orleans, it would taste so much better.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:15 am

countryman12 wrote:Does anyone else eat fried crawfish tails? I got some years ago at Walmart and cooked some and fell in love with them. Anyways, I found this recipe online for cooking them. But I replaced some of the ingredients with my own. If you like it...try it and let me know what you think.

1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup flour
1/2 cup seafood breader
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 lb large, peeled crawfish tails

You have only showed us the ingridients and not the cooking process.I have never seen a crawfish woth my eyes.In our area and country craw fish is hard to find i guess.

daniel74
United States of America

Postby daniel74 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:55 pm

Eating crawfish tails is just like eating shrimp. When you cook them they both look the same and after you dip them in a sauce they both taste great.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:04 am

I haven't tasted crawfish yet, it seems tasty, and I would like to try out the recipe that you posted sometime soon when I get the ingredients.

Return to “Foods & Drinks”