What food to eat when having sore throat?

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

What food to eat when having sore throat?

Postby Heatman » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 am

Sore throat is a very sensitive health problem where you have inflammation in your throat, making it very uncomfortable for you to eat everything.

What are the likely food someone who is suffering from sore throat can eat?

countryman12
United States of America

Re: What food to eat when having sore throat?

Postby countryman12 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Where I'm from most people just eat chicken noodle soup or any other kind of soup as long as it's hot. Generally drinking alot of hot liquids is supposed to help with a sore throat.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:55 pm

I would say mash potatoes for a heavier type of food, because they are easy to swallow and are very filling if you don't have much of an appetite. Also you can add some garlic to them, since garlic is praised for it's anti-inflammatory properties. Any kind of soup is good as well, and is one of the easier foods to get down when you are sick.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:55 am

Whenever I have sorethroat I would eat soup noodles with.a lot of garlic and chillies. Having hot spicy soup noodles lessens the pain and relieves me of my sore throat. Pasta like spaghetti and fettuccine with a spicy chili sauce also works well.

kaka135
Malaysia

Postby kaka135 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:23 am

I always prefer to take boiled or steamed food, especially hot ones, like soup or soup noodles. I am currently having really bad sore throat now, besides soup noodles, I always eat porridge too, as it's easier to eat. Besides the food, I always drink warm water all the time. I also found that drinking honey lemon and gaggling with salt water makes me feel better.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:14 pm

countryman12 wrote:Where I'm from most people just eat chicken noodle soup or any other kind of soup as long as it's hot. Generally drinking alot of hot liquids is supposed to help with a sore throat.

I really suffered for close to two weeks. It was only hot tea that I was able to drink.

It was a horrible experience for me.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:05 am

Sore throat has many causes and the most common causes are colds or flu and overused voice box which can occur when you sing continuously. The best foods are the hot soupy food or porridge which can ease the pain. For a home remedy, ginger tea is the best. Boil a piece of ginger in a glass of water and sip it slowly. That will relieve the sore throat on the next day.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:22 pm

Heatman wrote:Sore throat is a very sensitive health problem where you have inflammation in your throat, making it very uncomfortable for you to eat everything.

What are the likely food someone who is suffering from sore throat can eat?

Lemon juice helps to reduce sore throat.Also drinking water mixed with ginger helps.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:45 am

Well, I think that the types of food that people with sore throat can eat are liquid or soupy types of food, like Nesvita, Energen, noodles or any type of soup as long as it's easy to swallow.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:55 am

When your throat is sore gargle with warm salty water, it will relieve you from the condition. You can also try turmeric milk (made by boiling one teaspoon turmeric powder in a glass of milk for 2 minutes), or ginger honey (made by warming an equal amount of ginger and honey).

Return to “Foods & Drinks”