Best barbecue?

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Best barbecue?

Postby ricky1874 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:36 am

What is the best type of barbecue to try? Where I'm from we eat chopped pork barbecue, but I have tried beef barbecue before (didn't really like it).
Attachments
index.jpeg
Eastern Carolina barbecue
index.jpeg (10.94 KiB) Viewed 4642 times

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

davidworth
United States of America

Re: Best barbecue?

Postby davidworth » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:04 am

If you are ever in Hemingway, SC you need to stop by a place called Scott's Bar-B-Que. It is supposed to be some of the best barbeque in the country. Never ate there but I've heard.alot about them.
Discover all things abroad

kingsnite
United States of America

Postby kingsnite » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:07 pm

davidworth wrote:If you are ever in Hemingway, SC you need to stop by a place called Scott's Bar-B-Que. It is supposed to be some of the best barbeque in the country. Never ate there but I've heard.alot about them.

The south has the best barbeque in my opinion. Different places consider barbeque to be different things. I'm from the south....and barbeque means chopped pork with sauce pit cooked on a grill.

aceinter001
Philippines

Postby aceinter001 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:40 pm

My best bbq is that which is marinated with garlic pepper and some soda like sprite overnight with the usual marinating sauce. Sate babe is indonesian concoction that has a sweet taste to it. But the gruelling part of bbq is in the cooking. happy eating folks.

davidworth
United States of America

Postby davidworth » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:26 pm

aceinter001 wrote:My best bbq is that which is marinated with garlic pepper and some soda like sprite overnight with the usual marinating sauce. Sate babe is indonesian concoction that has a sweet taste to it. But the gruelling part of bbq is in the cooking. happy eating folks.

I've never heard of barbeque being marinated in soda before. But wouldn't mind trying it. The best part about traveling is that you get to experience all types of foods.
Discover all things abroad

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:06 am

For those who love traveling, if you happen to find yourself in Nairobi kenya, just head out to The Carnivore Restaurant. Barbecue here is done to perfection. There is a ton of exotic animals to eat. I once ate crocodile meat.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:17 pm

In Florida they have a place called Sonny's BBQ - it's a restaurant chain that is found throughout the southern United States, and started in Gainesville, Florida in 1968. This southern style BBQ is very good, and I usually get a pulled pork sandwich with some sides - including baked beans, fries, and coleslaw, along with the salad bar, which is very good also.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:26 am

Best barbeque? I have tasted a lot of "versions" cooked by other people, and the tastiest ones have the same taste. I've tasted a couple of bland ones though.

Return to “Foods & Drinks”