Drinking the local wine

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Drinking the local wine

Postby Alexandoy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:22 pm

be careful when offered to drink local wine in the Philippines because sometimes the brewing is not correct that the wine can be poisonous. Before the pandemic there were several who died from drinking Lambanog, it is a local brewed liquor in the south of Manila. I have a big bottle of that kind of drink and it is only for display now.

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Re: Drinking the local wine

Postby sammyk » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:14 pm

Thanks for the info. It seems like I've read a story about that happening a few years ago in the Philippines. But, even in the US were I'm from people die every year from drinking bad homemade alcohol.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:49 pm

In my country, the local brewing of wine and beer is very popular in the indigenous communities. The local wine and beer are considered high quality and the local brewers are demanding the government to help them to brand their drinks and sell abroad. However, some people have been using urea to improve alcohol levels in the drinks which causes deaths for drinkers.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:10 pm

I don't really like to drink liquor or anything bitter, but I will keep in mind that info, it seems like drinking home brewed beverages can now pose a risk.

Return to “Foods & Drinks”