Filipino native snack called ginatan

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Filipino native snack called ginatan

Postby Alexandoy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:08 am

The snack called Ginatan is a galore of tubers and fruits particularly the jackfruit flesh that includes the seeds. It is mixed with plantain banana, taro, yam and glutinous rice that is rolled into a ball. The basic sauce is coconut milk with sugar. It is easy to cook and the preparation is where effort is needed. That snack is sweet but liked by the seniors in our town.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Re: Filipino native snack called ginatan

Postby justin » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:07 pm

We also eat jackfruit. We cut unripe jackfruit in small pieces, also cut potatoes into small pieces. On a pressure cooker, we add oil, onion, garlic, ginger, and other spices, fry jackfruit and potato for a while, add a cup of water and close the lid. It will be cooked in 5-7 minutes. We eat this with steamed rice.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Re: Filipino native snack called ginatan

Postby dottie » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:10 am

I also love ginatan, although too bad I'm not able to cook it because I'm not knowlegeable in cooking yet. Although I prefer leche flan and halaya first, then ginatan.

Return to “Foods & Drinks”