Your best foreign food

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Your best foreign food

Postby justin » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:23 pm

I like eating pizza, burgers, ice creams, steak etc. All of these foods are foreign foods. I think pizza originated in Italy, burgers originated in Germany (that's why they are named after the German town Hamburg), ice creams originated in China, steak originated in Italy but was made popular by the United States. What I am trying to say is most of the popular foods you enjoy may not be your local food.
My favorite foreign food is biryani, which originated in Persia.

sweerie_banana
Kenya

Re: Your best foreign food

Postby sweerie_banana » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:51 am

I seem to love some Chinese food as my best foreign food. I haven't had it in a while now since the pandemic I haven't been going for stakeouts as such. I love the vegetarian rice and boneless chicken. We always start off with a starter. I love the chicken wings especially since they are very spicy.

We used to go to the hotel every other weekend now cause of social distance, we rarely go out anymore. I wish I could take my family there one last time and bond. I love the whole menu. We always try and change the order every now and then. I also love pizza, but I can make it at home so I never consider it as takeout. I just wish my oven was working so that I could cook for the whole family some delicious meals.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:25 pm

Pasta and burgers are one of my favorite foods and also ice cream. And I also like leche flan, which I know originated from Spain.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:11 pm

I love some Jamaican jerk lamb chops. I think this is one of the best dishes in the world to eat.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:01 am

I also love Chinese food because it is part of our culture. However, one time in Hongkong we were treated to Lamb Biryani by a friend. That changed the landscape of my personal menu. Now Lamb Biryani is my favorite foreign food. Unfortunately there is no restaurant that has that dish. Oh well, back to Japanese food here.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:07 pm

Alexandoy wrote:I also love Chinese food because it is part of our culture. However, one time in Hongkong we were treated to Lamb Biryani by a friend. That changed the landscape of my personal menu. Now Lamb Biryani is my favorite foreign food. Unfortunately there is no restaurant that has that dish. Oh well, back to Japanese food here.

I also love Chinese foods, but they add too much MGS and everything seems to have the same taste (because of more or less the same spices). Lamb Biryani is also my favorite, here they make Lamb Biryani in an earthware pot in coal oven.

engy mo
Egypt

Postby engy mo » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:24 am

justin wrote:I like eating pizza, burgers, ice creams, steak etc. All of these foods are foreign foods. I think pizza originated in Italy, burgers originated in Germany (that's why they are named after the German town Hamburg), ice creams originated in China, steak originated in Italy but was made popular by the United States. What I am trying to say is most of the popular foods you enjoy may not be your local food.
My favorite foreign food is biryani, which originated in Persia.

I do love beryani too..I thought it was Indian.. I also thought burgers are American.. I love Egyptian food as well like mahshi.. and Lebanese dishes also are always delicious

Return to “Foods & Drinks”