Foods cooked in coconut milk

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Foods cooked in coconut milk

Postby Alexandoy » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:24 am

The rural areas in the Philippines it is common for a meal to have something that is cooked in coconut milk. It can be vegetables, meat or seafood. My favorite is the crab or prawns that are cooked in coconut milk. Many vegetables are good with coconut milk like the blossom of banana plant, bamboo shoot or any tropical vegetables.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Re: Foods cooked in coconut milk

Postby justin » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:30 am

Coconut milk is not a common ingredient in my home country. We don't make any dish that includes coconut milk. However, we do use grated and finely chopped dried coconut in cooking. We also use coconut oil in cooking. I like pudding with a lot of chopped onions. I also like sweatmeats containing grated coconut. I have tried a lot of Indian dishes containing coconut milk.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:50 am

I like squash cooked with coconut extract. I also like chocolates that are filled with coconut filling, they are quite delicious, so coconut really has a lot of uses.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:35 pm

Us we cook our rice using coconut milk.Although i have never tasted it since coconuts are not readily available in our area.Mostly they are found in the coasts.

Return to “Foods & Drinks”