Temples, mosques and churches in India

Share and explain the culture and traditions of your country/region or any other place you've been to. Also post any questions you have.
artofliving
India

Temples, mosques and churches in India

Postby artofliving » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:16 pm

India is a country and I think the specialty of India is unity in the midst of diversity. There are a large number of religions in India but to be frank sometimes it would become difficult to maintain unity among these different belief systems. Another thing you can notice is that India is a place full of various worshiping centers. But is that really necessary? God is everywhere and what is the need for so many temples/mosques/churches. Most of these are business centers robbing money from the people in the name of God.

Have you ever been to India and what is your take on this?

Mark Grill

Re: Temples, mosques and churches in India

Postby Mark Grill » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:43 am

I am so sad to tell you that guys, I have never enjoyed beautiful places of India yet. No doubt this is a dreamland of the world and attract the visitors as well. Anyhow, do let me know something about India good features through the image.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:01 pm

India is known for its cultural diversity. We have so many religions living together . Most of the sensible Indians respect the beliefs and principles of other religions also. But there are a few anti social elements that create chaos and disrupt the harmony. Such people will surely pay for their ill deeds.

And yes, we have many temples and renowned places of worship. It will be wrong if I comment on the authentication and validity of such places. Every person irrespective of his religion has his own way of worshipping God. There are many people who go to the temples regularly. With due respect to their sentiments, I think it would be unwise if I comment anything against their sacred places.

Moreover, not all temples are a means of collecting money. The doors are open to one and all. If people donate money to the temples, then it is their personal wish. No one compels them to do so.

harijobs
India

Postby harijobs » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:49 pm

I agree with you that with so many temples, churches and mosques it is becoming more and more like a business than a worship place. It happens in a temple in my locality where they collected money from all the residents in our area a month back in the name of renovation work but most of it was used by the people from the organization for their elf purpose. When we went and asked the response was rude and blaming the fellow people of their organization. I really hate this when people earn money from innocent people in the name of God. Despite that India has a diverse culture of having a wide range of religions and proud architectural wonders representing the beauty of each belief in its own unique way. :)

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:22 am

Well, good t know about your views regarding your country. Recently heard in news Muslims kills there is a large number in Kashmir cause they wanna freedom. Do let me know is there any reality? Why lots of students kills daily?

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:54 am

Nice conversation is going here about Temples, mosques, and churches of the India. I am going to agree with above member who said that in these days’ lots of people earn money in the sake of God which is really wrong and bad thing but badly this thing has developed all around the world. Anyhow, I also heard that in Kashmir kills a lot of people just because they want freedom.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:33 am

Yeah Daniel, like you I am also willing to know their views about that cause those members from there. hope they will like to share what is the reality behind these murders.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:06 am

Mark Grill wrote:Well, good t know about your views regarding your country. Recently heard in news Muslims kills there is a large number in Kashmir cause they wanna freedom. Do let me know is there any reality? Why lots of students kills daily?

The Muslim agitation in Kashmir is not for building any mosque nor for the removal of any temple. The fight is over the possession of Kashmir. This issue is the main reason for frequent terrorist attacks in India. Hundreds of innocent people lose their life all because of this fight. God only knows when will all this stop.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:37 am

Oh really hope that God will help those Kashmiri people who wanna spend there lives with freedom and can easily make move here and there. Hope this war will be solt out soon. Anyway, what do you think what is the solution to this matter?

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:25 pm

I also pray in next days all the matters slove and the people live their life with freedom. I must say that if the other country try to do something for them then maybe this problem will solve far. What are your views about this?

I am excited to know about las vegas travel packages.

Return to “Culture & Traditions”