philippine culture

Share and explain the culture and traditions of your country/region or any other place you've been to. Also post any questions you have.
sweetcath
Philippines

philippine culture

Postby sweetcath » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:09 pm

if we consider philippine is an old fashion compare to other country. filipino citizen always believe in tradition and culture.during our ancestor time the ladies called MARIA CLARA a very conservative type of person type.when you get the lady you love you should to do all the hard work everyday in the lady house just to get her hand for marriage.but in daily life thing start to change specially when the spanish and the japanese live here.and in this new generation some people still have faith and belief on this traditon but most of it are modernize.but the only thing still in filipino values is RESPECT to one another.

maxen57

Re: philippine culture

Postby maxen57 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:10 pm

A "Maria Clara" simply embodies a woman of virtue with beauty and grace to match it. Today's version of a Filipino woman is a hardworking, multi-tasking household goddess either having a career or simply as a housewife. She is not just a wife but a capable partner suitable for an equally capable man looking to settle down. Our family values here in the Philippines is what also stands out. We always care about our family members from the youngest to our oldest. Duties, responsibilities and elderly respect are handed down from parent to child, and love is always present in our homes.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:47 am

Maybe because of the internet, the Philippines is going international. Gone are the old tradition of taking off the footwear when entering a house, greeting everyone in the family by placing the hand on the forehead, etc. It's now a hug and the so called beso is the usual greeting, houses are like public places where you can enter with your shoes on. Families are now very understanding of foreigners as guests.

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:31 am

sweetcath! I am going to agree with you. In this world, every citizen believes in their culture and traditions. I really like your way of sharing. You have shared great stuff about the Philippine culture. Iahve no idea about it before reading your post. But now I got great stuff about it. By the way, have you some images of this country culture and traditions?

niagara fall bus filled with having fun.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:50 am

letting me share some images of Philippine culture through them you can get an idea what the peoples of Philippine love to do.
I had been there before this bus tours to maine and while this have a really best kind of time there with my buddies.

Return to “Culture & Traditions”