Asian wedding culture

Share and explain the culture and traditions of your country/region or any other place you've been to. Also post any questions you have.
Daniel

Asian wedding culture

Postby Daniel » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:56 am

After enjoying the dc cherry blossom tour in March I will attend one Asian wedding ceremony with some friends. Frankly speaking, because this, I have never been attended any kind Asian function in my life. That;'s why I have no idea regarding this and want to get information about the culture of Asina wedding ceremony before going there. Because through this I can enjoy the function there.

Alexandoy
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Re: Asian wedding culture

Postby Alexandoy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Asian countries have different rituals and activities for weddings. In the Philippines, there are traditions depending on the province. There's a cute ritual where the bride and groom are showered with rice as a symbol of abundance. There's also the money dance where the couple will be dancing and the guests would be pinning money on the clothes of the couple. And definitely, the food is great in general.

davidworth
United States of America

Postby davidworth » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:48 am

Alexandoy wrote:Asian countries have different rituals and activities for weddings. In the Philippines, there are traditions depending on the province. There's a cute ritual where the bride and groom are showered with rice as a symbol of abundance. There's also the money dance where the couple will be dancing and the guests would be pinning money on the clothes of the couple. And definitely, the food is great in general.

I was actually at a Filipino wedding one time and experienced the "money dance". It was amazing. I had so much fun. They also had a moment where they released a dove. I definitely hope to be able to experience a few more of these wedding celebrations in my lifetime. :)
Discover all things abroad

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:32 am

I have never attended any Asian wedding in real life to know what they do but I have seen some wedding scene in some of the Asian movies that I have watched. So, if what they portray in their movies is part of their culture ; you are well aware that some countries propagate their culture through movies, then I can tell you to expect lots of dancing during the celebration. If you are the drinking type, get ready because you will have your belly filled with drinks. Try and get quality gifts for the bride especially jade beads.

Return to “Culture & Traditions”