Eating cat meat

Share and explain the culture and traditions of your country/region or any other place you've been to. Also post any questions you have.
jeremydeth
United States of America

Eating cat meat

Postby jeremydeth » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:40 am

I posting a topic a before about eating dog meat and got a lot of comments about it. I wanted to talk about eating cat meat now. To me, dogs and cats are generally the same. I've had both as pets. If dogs are man's best friends, then cats are man's second best friends to me. Here is a video below about Vietnamese eating cat meat. What do you think of this video and of people eating cat meat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsmNw5r7n2Y

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Re: Eating cat meat

Postby ricky1874 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:36 am

Although I respect all cultures, I think eating cat meat is disgusting....like eating dog meat. But, I can't really judge too hard because I've eating things like rabbit and squirrel meat. Some people keep rabbits and squirrels and pets and thing eating them is disgusting.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:56 am

Eating Dog Meat to me if it's a cultural thing is okay and acceptable but eating cats is a bit extraordinary and disgusting. Although Cat meat is edible, I wouldn't it eat in a million years. I don't think that it could taste better than pork or chicken and I think some people do eat it because of necessity and not because it taste good. Two things I Don't want to eat or taste are rats and cats.

daniel74
United States of America

Postby daniel74 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:42 am

To me, eating dog and cat meat is essentially the same thing, but your hear more about people eating dog meat. I always thought that this was strange. Eating both seems disgusting to me. But, if I was a person to eat those things, I would probably be eating both of them.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:55 am

Dogs and cats are the two animals that I wouldn't ever get myself to sit down and eat with my mouth as food. The thought of doing it alone is very disgusting because these two animals are the most commonly used pets for man, so why people be comfortable killing them and having them prepared as food? It's very wrong ; such people can actually eat their fellow human beings.

iamawriter
India

Postby iamawriter » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:21 am

Thanks to the Internet we are now exposed to global cultures some of which appear bizarre such as eating cat meat. To each their own, as they say. While cat eating may not be quite the thing for some we should leave alone those who relish it. I am an animal lover and have cats and dogs as pets. It will be beyond me to even think of eating cat meat being a possibility.

aceinter001
Philippines

Postby aceinter001 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:57 pm

When I was in high school way back the early 70s, there is a store in our place called Cubao, Aurora where they say cat meat is being used for siopao meat. Stories abound of customers accidentally openning the kitchen door and are shocked to see cats hanging on a clothesline whose innards have already been slashed out. Although I frequent this said specialty store, I never believed the crap although it lessened by appetite for eating there. I have tasted a bit of dog meat and it tasted like goat meat dish called kaldereta. But the whole idea of eating pets makes my stomach churn in abhorrence.

kaka135
Malaysia

Postby kaka135 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:27 am

I have heard people eating dog meat, but I have never heard people eating cat meat. I don't know why, we are okay to eat chicken, pork, beef, but not cat and dog meat. Perhaps most of us treat the dogs and cats as pets, and eating their meat is not okay to many of us. I have no idea why some people eating the cat or dog meat, is it because they think the meat are good for them, or simply it's easy for them to grab these meat?

veronikam
Mexico

Postby veronikam » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:01 am

Cats are my favorite pets, so I think eating them is disgusting. I know that some cultures like to eat them, but I truly hope that someday no one will care to eat them. They are some of the best pets to have. They will give you countless hours of joy and comfort as your pet.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:36 pm

There is a province here where they eat cat meat. Although I am a dog lover I understand that dog meat is delicious and a delicacy in the mountain province. But with cat meat it is outrageous to eat because I don't think it is delicious. I had a friend who catch stray cats in our neighborhood when I was young. I didn't believe it at first that they eat cat meat. But they do.

Return to “Culture & Traditions”