Do you celebrate Advent?

Share and explain the culture and traditions of your country/region or any other place you've been to. Also post any questions you have.
kaka135
Malaysia

Do you celebrate Advent?

Postby kaka135 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:53 pm

I am not a Christian, and I just got to know about Advent in these recent few years. I like the meaning of Advent, and I would like to bring this tradition to my young kids. We just start with decorating a festival table for Christmas, and I start reading stories to them since 1 December. I am thinking about making the wreath and candles as well, as I think the meaning of each candle sounds so good. We will also do some simple crafts everyday until Christmas, or even perhaps until Epiphany or Three Kings Day.

Do you celebrate Advent? How do you celebrate it?

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Re: Do you celebrate Advent?

Postby ricky1874 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:07 am

Although I don't consider myself as a Christian, I did grow up in the Christian faith, but I don't remember hearing about advent. I had to look it up on wikipedia. It seems like something nice to observe. I'm all for a person's religious freedom to practice whatever religion they want as long as it doesn't bring harm to others.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Bravosi
Ukraine

Postby Bravosi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:13 am

No, but it sounds like an excellent tradition. We are Ossetian, so we don't have any advent. :)

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:39 am

This is a interesting holiday that celebrates at a lot of christian churches - as a time of expectant waiting and preparation for both the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus and the return of Jesus at the Second Coming.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:04 pm

My family is well deep into all catholic Christian celebration. My father is a knight of St. Mulumba, so we do very well take part in all celebration done by the catholic community.

Return to “Culture & Traditions”