Feelings on transgenders

Share and explain the culture and traditions of your country/region or any other place you've been to. Also post any questions you have.
ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Feelings on transgenders

Postby ricky1874 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:01 am

I'm from the US and being a transgender is more accepted now in my society. I'm curious to know how it is looked upon in other societies. Are they accepted or shun and persecuted?

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Re: Feelings on transgenders

Postby Kakashi2020 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:35 am

I'm from the Philippines and I have no problems with transgenders as long as they keep their lives private. But there are those transgenders who are attention seekers flaunts their lives and lives a very public life and even tries to influence others to be like them. Some are propagating that nothing is wrong in being a transgender and that it's a choice, in such cases, I disagree and I will never support their stand.

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:31 am

Kakashi2020 wrote:I'm from the Philippines and I have no problems with transgenders as long as they keep their lives private. But there are those transgenders who are attention seekers flaunts their lives and lives a very public life and even tries to influence others to be like them. Some are propagating that nothing is wrong in being a transgender and that it's a choice, in such cases, I disagree and I will never support their stand.

I agree with Kakashi2020. I don't have any problems with anyone that is gay or transgender. What you do in your own personal life is your business. But, I do have a problem with the people that seem to only be trying to get attention. I think that someone like Caitlyn Jenner is just trying to seek attention and make himself relevant.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:09 am

In my home country Nepal, transgenders are not persecuted, in fact, they are protected by law (they can even get a citizenship certificate in other gender category). However, the society does not still accept transgender people.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:35 am

I am not really against transgenders but I am not for them. They can do what they want but as one politician said, he will respect the transgender if he can get pregnant. That is a funny line but that is true. Why act like a woman when you are not. Anyway, I don't disrespect people in general as long as they are decent in their behavior.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:09 am

Alexandoy wrote:I am not really against transgenders but I am not for them. They can do what they want but as one politician said, he will respect the transgender if he can get pregnant. That is a funny line but that is true. Why act like a woman when you are not. Anyway, I don't disrespect people in general as long as they are decent in their behavior.

Actually, they are not acting like a man or a woman. They are built that way. There is a hormonal imbalance inside them. When you see someone who looks like a man but dresses like a woman, that's because there are a substantial amount of female hormones inside.

Return to “Culture & Traditions”