Valentine's day

Share and explain the culture and traditions of your country/region or any other place you've been to. Also post any questions you have.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Valentine's day

Postby Alexandoy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:58 pm

The Americans are the main influence of Valentine's Day celebration here on February 14. To be frank, I don't celebrate that day although when I was young it was big deal to us especially when a boy would be courting a girl. Flowers and chocolates are the best sellers for Valentine's Day not to mention the dinner date when all restaurants are fully booked.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Re: Valentine's day

Postby dottie » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:16 am

Valentine's Day is very overrated, the flowers that are supposed to be cheap and affordable are very expensive around that time. Prices of flowers tend to be very overpriced and it's not practical to buy it during Valentine's season.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Re: Valentine's day

Postby justin » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:39 am

When I was in school and college, valentine's day was a great affair. Buying gifts, going on date etc. were very popular with youngg people. Since society was conservative, people could not openly express their live, therefore, valentine's day was marked with much fanfare. But these days time has changed, and people can date who ever they want and ehen ever they want.

Return to “Culture & Traditions”