Eating Dog Meat?

Share and explain the culture and traditions of your country/region or any other place you've been to. Also post any questions you have.
gibbs
Kenya

Re: Eating Dog Meat?

Postby gibbs » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:58 pm

I think after westerners decided to domesticate dogs, eating them became something that was done by savages. I would eat dog meat if I was in a position where it would be considered rude not to try it.

to7update
Portugal

Postby to7update » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:34 am

It's all a matter of a habit, I mean, in China and surrounding countries they are used to eat dog meat right? So, why is that better or worse than eating cow or pig? Is the dog a more noble animal than the cow?

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sat May 12, 2018 11:57 am

I know there are many peop[le that like to eat dog meat or another kind of meat but for me this is impossible. I cannot eat dog, cat, rat meat. I have seen a post on Facebook about a store in Asia that serve human meat, I don't know if that news was a fake one or not but I was really shocked to read something like this.

Lost93
United States of America

Postby Lost93 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:26 pm

I did not try, nor will I ever. I'm not a supporter of eating dog meat. I understand that cultures are different, and everyone has the right to their own opinions, so I have brought my own.

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Thu May 31, 2018 10:31 am

Dog meat huh? Sounds like it goes well with hot sauce. I have no problem eating dog meat myself, I hear it tastes really good. I think it's a crime to kill and eat a dog in my country so there is no way I can get my hands dog meat.

jayjaydimson
Philippines

Postby jayjaydimson » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:29 am

It's a BIG NO for me to eat a dog meat, at first they are mans best friend, and they don't deserve to be eaten. If I saw someone eating or cooking a dog meat, I will ask them for a brawl because I really hate seeing one!

Steve5
Philippines

Postby Steve5 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:56 pm

I really don't like the idea of it. It's just weird and somewhat traumatizing. Especially, for dog owners. I guess it's normal for people who are used to it. That's how culture works. So others will be okay with it while people like me will stay away from such practices.

jayjaydimson
Philippines

Postby jayjaydimson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:45 am

Its so gross, dog is a mans best friend, they are not a food.

davidworth
United States of America

Postby davidworth » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 am

Personally I think that eating dog meat is disgusting, but I can see how if you grow up eating it...it will seem OK. We should be careful about judging others because of their beliefs or habits because no one wants to be judged by others.
Discover all things abroad

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:35 am

Seriously, those that deemed it alright to eat dog as food or meat deserves to be shut off from the human world and treated as cannibals and savages because dogs are somehow categorized as man in my opinion. What in the world pushed some of the wired thinking people to consider killing dogs and eating it? Next thing would be to eat ourselves too. It's very disgusting.

Return to “Culture & Traditions”