Best thing about where you are currently living?

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
Kidthebilly
Zodiac: Gemini
Venezuela

Re: Best thing about where you are currently living?

Postby Kidthebilly » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Well, I live in a city in Venezuela, Barquisimeto, and despite what is happening in my country today, I do not let that affect me because I know that there are things around me that I can enjoy. For example one of them is the climate that we have now, is very cool, even at noon and is perfect for walking, cycling or car ride. I always tell my family and friends that there are different ways of seeing what happens around us, if we focus on positive things, we are going to realize everything positive around us, everything we can enjoy, without diverting Our attention to what may cause us discomfort.

BatmanWayne
Zodiac: Pisces
Venezuela

Postby BatmanWayne » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:14 am

I'm in Barquisimeto, Venezuela, I love this city because I was raised here, this country have 2 good things over the lot of bad things. The first one is the music, God, I love the musicians of this city, the choirs, the bands, the orchestras, all of them are first class. The second one is the twilight (Lara is known as "the twilight city"), this city have the most beautiful and spectacular twilight of Venezuela, and I don't have words for it, so I will show you a picture.
Attachments
a99c542b9e18a0f9255a0de3e67dc1d5.jpg
a99c542b9e18a0f9255a0de3e67dc1d5.jpg (58.67 KiB) Viewed 6909 times

arachnophobik
Philippines

Postby arachnophobik » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:29 am

I currently live in Manila, Philippines and I think the best thing about living here is the people you meet. So far, most of the people I've met and became friends with are very chill, the type that are not easily offended and can get along jokes really well. Although I can't guarantee that all of them living in Manila will be like that, all I can say is this is by far the most friends I've had that get my jokes really well and get my attitude as if they're just a carbon copy of me.

Liezel08
Philippines

Postby Liezel08 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:20 am

The best thing about where I am currently living is the convenience. Everything I need is just some blocks away and getting my necessities is not that hard. Living in a highly urbanized area makes your life easier. Though there are still some disadvantages like overcrowded, pollution, etc.

emoxigh27
Philippines

Postby emoxigh27 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 am

The best thing about my place is "heavy traffic". Why? Because it challenges people to become flexible, it is like survival of the fittest. When you're not able to change or to adapt to different circumstances in your life, you may end up being a loser - no job and starving. So for me, traffic is the best thing a man created in the city, you need to wake up and prepare early to live. I am just being optimistic here. ;)

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:14 am

The best thing about where I am living is that there is a hospital just next to my home and so we won't have to worry when someone falls sick. I live in town and school is in town and so it is convenient for me. The other good thing is security.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:39 pm

Before now I used to reside in the Eastern part of my country Nigeria known as Enugu State, and it's popularly known as the coal city state because the land is blessed with coal mineral resources. It gave a lot of people to the state job employment in which some people are still benefitting from the abundance of such mineral resources in the state.

But currently, I'm in the western part of the country Ibadan, Oyo state. I'm still new here and so far the only thing that I could say that stand out in this state is rocks. They have duff rock structures which are natural deposits and they deal well on charcoal business because of abundance of trees.

Henrywrites
Nigeria

Postby Henrywrites » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:41 am

I'm from the Eastern part of Nigeria in West Africa and I have to say that the best thing about where I'm currently living is the presence of calmness and security of lives and properties. In as much as we can say we're having some limitations when we compare the peace in the area where I am and the northern part of the country where the peace is not stable, I have to say that the government are doing all they could to ensure the presence of peace in all regions.

Henrywrites
Nigeria

Postby Henrywrites » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:45 am

emoxigh27 wrote:The best thing about my place is "heavy traffic". Why? Because it challenges people to become flexible, it is like survival of the fittest. When you're not able to change or to adapt to different circumstances in your life, you may end up being a loser - no job and starving. So for me, traffic is the best thing a man created in the city, you need to wake up and prepare early to live. I am just being optimistic here. ;)

I think when it comes to traffic situations, the people should also develop the habit of being patient especially when they are on the road by obeying Road signs, keeping up with the rules of traffic warders to ensure flow of traffic. The reason is because I feel the impatient nature of motorists have contributed to the situation we found ourselves at the moment.

fishbate
Philippines

Postby fishbate » Sat May 12, 2018 11:37 am

The best thing where i live in is the family tradition. Unlike other countries, our elders live with their families until the end. Although times do change and there are institutions for the elders here where they take care of abandoned and neglected elders. This is only at a minimal rate and most of the families here still follow the tradition of taking care of their elders. I think that's the best thing here, specially for people who just want to retire and live peacefully with their love ones. :D

Return to “General Questions & Comments”